DirtNap Gear DRT Double Bevel.

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by abates352, Aug 31, 2015.

1. abates352

abates352 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just got through tuning by bow with the DRT double bevel broadhead. I can honestly say that I am absolutely amazed with this fixed blade broadhead. I made two adjustments to my rest and it was tuned with my fp. This morning I re-set my sight to account for the rest adjustments, then stepped back to 50yds, I shot one fp and one broadhead. they were less than an inch apart. DirtNap has a new customer for a while. I can also say that the customer service was outstanding. when I first ordered these, I accidentally ordered the single bevel. I called DirtNap and the said "no problem ship them back and we will ship the right ones" I thought this was awesome esp. since it was my mistake to begin with. These heads are super sharp. The one I have been using for practice has been shot about 3 dozen times and is still sharper than the Montecs I use to shoot when they were new.
    That includes one shot when the DRT went through my BH targent and through my bag target which was behind it, and suck into the tree. No chips and bends in that blade. I can say between this broadhead and my Easton Axis 300, and total arrow weight right around 485gn. penetration should not be a problem. Very happy, thanks DirtNap

2. timmy_ar

timmy_ar Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ive personally never shot them. I have 2 friends who used them last season and absolutely loved them. One said both deer he shot dropped in there tracks. They also were amazed at how much they flew like a field tip. I just cant get off my thunderheads.

3. Stubert

Stubert Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would have kept the single bevel.

4. frantzracing0

frantzracing0 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Im trying them this year too, but man I hate how they hiss in flight. Drives me insane

5. abates352

abates352 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    personally I don't think the "hiss" is gonna make a bit of difference. not nearly as loud as most bows I guess. does take a little getting use too though.