Broeadhead weight difference

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by jody5252, Aug 31, 2015.

1. jody5252

jody5252 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Greetings. Amazing how much weight difference there is in each BH. My question is, how much does it really matter? If they are between 2 - 5 grs., + - Will I notice much of a POI change? I am using brass washers to add weight. These all weigh 5.2 gr... My max. shooting distance is 30 - 35 yds. The BH, that I am using are old, and vary in weight by + - 5gr.

2. always_lethal15

always_lethal15 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well, you should have all your broadheads weighing the same, I mean that's going to give you the most accuracy. 5 grains at 30-35 yards might hit very slightly different, but that could mean maybe you nick the heart or lung to not hitting it. The biggest thing again is accuracy. I believe you owe it to the animal to make the most accurate best possible shot. If money isn't an issue then I think you should go get some new heads that weight the same so you know exactly where you will hit e every time. Will it matter ? Probably not but again why take the chance? If money is an issue then you should be shooting each head to see if in fact it does hit different spots and if it hits higher or lower. Hunting is a precise game and that possibility of hitting just a little different wouldn't satisfy me.

3. NC_Bowhunter

NC_Bowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with this 100%