back at it again!!!!

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by shadyroids, Aug 30, 2015.

1. shadyroids

shadyroids Newb

Dislikes Received:
    hey guys im back to bow hunting after taking a year off. well i have about 30 acres in wisconsin that i picked up thanks to the gfs step dad. as far as i know no one hunts near this property. the red line is the property line and the little red dot in the corner of it is where i have put my stand and trail camera for opener. what do you guys think? i know the pictures is a little small but cant do much about that on my side. deer hunting.jpg

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  2. Worzeth

Worzeth Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Big wooded area. If you have some white oaks in that you'll be loaded with deer. My best advice is shoot a lot! I shoot every week all year round and I'm sure after a year off you'll be rusty. Good Luck!

3. shadyroids

shadyroids Newb

Dislikes Received:
    i have been got my sight dialed into 60 yards shooting 4" groups at 60 so im feeling confident since the farthest shot would be 30 in the field. well i dont know if they are white oaks but there were already acorns on the ground. i was more or less asking if that stand location was good there is a giant ravine to the north east of that location about 15 yards away

4. shadyroids

shadyroids Newb

Dislikes Received:
    so these are the deer i have gotten a picture of 2 does a button buck and what looks like a little 8. i did some more scouting today and moved my camera and added some shooting lanes and added some bait to get more pics and maybe get some more pictures. maybe some more bucks WGI_0007.jpg WGI_0011.jpg WGI_0017.jpg WGI_0019.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  5. Seth French

Seth French Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome. Good job. Keep us posted as the season progresses.

6. shadyroids

shadyroids Newb

Dislikes Received:
    hopefully i will get one down next weekend we will see. I AM PUMPED!!!!!

7. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would check out that NE corner too. Looks like a pretty good size ditch running through timber.

8. shadyroids

shadyroids Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Tried my spot went to stand an hour before shootin time and bumped a deer out DAMN! Then nothing the rest of the. Morning so I set up my climber near the. North west corner near the soybeans on 2 major trails and bumped another deer who'll getting to that one. I just can't win

9. JasonOhio2018

JasonOhio2018 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would only hunt afternoons right now. The deer are bedding close to food at this time of year.

10. Sound Barrier

Sound Barrier Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck! sounds like you got in close to bedding, and maybe need to stay out near field for awhile and keep pressure off. If they haven't been hunted they probably are coming out in daylight still. www.soundbarrierhunting.com