any Ghost Blind users?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by axtell343, Aug 28, 2015.

1. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've been looking at the various treestands/blinds on the market and I came across the Ghost blind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlcWARgzQhE4

I think the mirror concept is really cool, and I have only seen positive reviews so far.(although it isn't without its drawbacks)

was curious if anyone on here has used one, or has a buddy that does.
    My thinking is, with a blind you can always hunt the wind and you can move around during the rut if you need to. I might grab this instead of a tree stand this year, atleast I can pack this out of public land and not worry about a $250+ investment walking off when you add in the price of ratchet straps, cable locks/chains and a lifeline.(I'm not into climbers)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  2. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I feel the ghost blind is aimed more towards Turkey hunters but thats IMO. For the cost I would buy a ground blind to cover my scent more.

3. ybohunt

ybohunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have two buddys that use them exclusively for bowhunting.They both love em

4. Justin21

Justin21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We just bought one I couldn't resist will have a report in a few short weeks.

5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I plan on buying one before the season begins. I love hunting on the ground and moving around a lot and I think this will work great.

6. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Low impact.....

7. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My nephew owns one, and I have borrowed it for both deer and turkey archery hunting (albeit I have not shot anything from behind it - as of yet). I like it...

8. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I love the idea of them and want to try. Im not confident enough that I can make it work yet though.

9. axtell343

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you for the insight so far, keep it coming! Some of the drawbacks I have noticed, it would probably catch wind more then a natural or popup blind would. And at least your weight would keep a popup blind on the ground, this thing might take off. It isn't 360 degree cover, and the add-ons such as the carry bag and extenders are expensive. But you cant find a more versatile blind as far as camo goes, and it weighs 12 pounds. compared to a climber or folding blind that is great. scent probably isn't too much of an issue if you cover your scent, and set up about 20 yards downwind of your killzone, If wind shifts then just move on.

All in all I think it would be worth the cash (its on sale for $150+free shipping on Amazon usually its around $250.) Especially if you have scouted out all the deer trails, you could just set up on a hot trail during rut and wait. And during the winter when there is a lot of snow on the ground and the deer are stuck using main trails it could be especially deadly.

10. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I wouldnt worry about the wind blowing it away, they have some weight for what they are.

11. axtell343

Dislikes Received:
    I broke down and bought it, just couldn't resist it being $100 off, also got one pair of extenders ($25) and a little chair,and face mask. Ready to put a deer down on the ground!

-No.6Hunter

true, and they have little cables with stakes on either end that would help, but I am also concerned that the mirrors would sort of shimmer in the wind. That might freak a deer out if the panels are moving around alot

12. frantzracing0

frantzracing0 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have one and love it. Iv yet to make a kill from it, but I have had deer literally feet from me with this thing. Its very light weight and I can move around on a slow day and set up a dozen times and have dang near perfect concealment

13. Captn Kirk

Captn Kirk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am looking at them and have been reading the DIY crew a full setup is at 300 I just got some sign board and am going to give it a try but at 150 I might just buy one

14. Troutking

Troutking Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought one two years ago and killed a doe the first night I was in it with my boy who was 9 at the time. She as 20 yards away and couldn't see us in a standing cornfield. They are deadly. He tracked the deer and it was one of those outdoor experiences I'll never forget.

15. ybohunt

ybohunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    And they have ropes and stakes.