Oppose the Airline Ban

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by safariman, Aug 27, 2015.

1. safariman

safariman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Three U.S. airlines have announced they will no longer allow hunters to transport legally harvested animals on flights.

American Airlines, Delta and United refuse to transport certain legally harvested animals, specifically buffalo, elephant, leopard, lion or rhinoceros.

Please do your part to show opposition to this ban by signing the petition at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/o...-transport-ban

2. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They allow whitetails...

3. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's pretty shortsighted of you.

4. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    How many did they transport before? I would think somebody getting an African trophy is probably getting them shipped via FedEx or some other cargo carrier.

5. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Please explain

6. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    Your inferring that the ban has no effect on you because the airlines still allow whitetails to be shipped. Even more generally your saying...hey what's it matter I will never hunt lions (for example) anyway.

The shortsightedness comes because you are not recognizing that the convoluted logic that bans one type of legally hunted game can be used to ban any type of legally hunted game.
    So someday a bow shot whitetail runs off and dies on the wrong lawn...and some moron anti happens to watch it and say makes a video of it...it ends up going viral on social media and the next thing you know airline are banning whitetails..and why not the lion ban looked great for our image. After after all they ( the airlines) sure didn't hear any complaints from the all shortsighted whitetail hunters who at the time said....it will never effect me.

7. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ive already responded many times in other threads to this. But I can promise your post has not changed my beliefs on the subject. But, above that, this is a whitetail page, not an African game page. And that was my point to my post above, not to debate this subject. Want to, PM me, Ive done it publically enough and no need to continue. This person is clearly spamming our page. Has 3 posts, all 3 the same exact thing, only 1 where it belongs. This ban has nothing to do with whitetail, so should not be in a whitetail page. So maybe good sir, you are shortsighted. To busy trying to debate me and not seeing who posted this or where it was posted in the first place.

8. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    Yes according to you it doesn't belong on the bowhunting page as well, because some how you get to determine relevance for the board. Many times posts that are total legit get posted in the wrong sections, they sometimes get moved to the correct sections.

9. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The point is he/she posted it in the right section. But then 2 other times in the wrong section. And they are the only 3 posts this person has. Pretty clearly spam. They only joined to post this many times. And someone on the other thread even said the link did not work. I have not tried, have no interest in it. But seems like spam to me. And even if its not, should have only been posted once, in water cooler. Should I post my bow for sale in here?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  10. uncljohn

uncljohn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What does this have to do with Whitetail Deer hunting?

How many 'safaris' has "safariman" been on, one must wonder.

I sure as heck don't want them loading an elephant or rhinoceros onto a passenger plane I'm flying on.