Oppose the Airline Ban

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by safariman, Aug 27, 2015.

1. safariman

safariman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Three U.S. airlines have announced they will no longer allow hunters to transport legally harvested animals on flights.

American Airlines, Delta and United refuse to transport certain legally harvested animals, specifically buffalo, elephant, leopard, lion or rhinoceros.

Please do your part to show opposition to this ban by signing the petition at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/o...-transport-ban

2. Noblacksheep

Noblacksheep Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Considering I may never have the money to finance a hunt for a buffalo, elephant, lion or rhinoceros with a bow.... Yeah. I feel for guys that can afford it, but at the same time, it doesn't affect me hunting whitetail deer. Just my thoughts on it.

3. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think this is the section for it. At any rate, I have no need to support that as well. They are private companies and should be able to set up rules if they want. If all air lines ban it that's one thing, or if government banned it. But a couple companies want to set their own policy, power to them. I wouldn't want someone to tell me how to run my business.

4. turkish621

turkish621 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not this debate again...
    <--- grabs popcorn

5. uncljohn

uncljohn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    the people who can afford these kinds of hunts have more than enough options for international package delivery services besides 3 US Airlines.

6. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Honest, that lion head is just part of my costume for an upcoming Wizard of Oz play I'm taking part in

7. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't sign it (I never sign online petitions), but this could easily snowball into airlines banning anything hunting related. Same as gun grabbers, give them an inch they may take a mile. I agree it's their business so they can do what they want, but the guys saying it doesn't apply to them need to open their eyes.

8. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Im just curious, and it will in no way change my opinion on the subject. But do people really bring these home on a passenger flight? I would figure they would need to be either iced and packed very specifically or mounted there then shipped over when finished. Either way on a freight flight, not a passenger flight right? Asking because I honestly don't know. Also, would have to be a pretty small buffalo, elephant, or rhinoceros to fit on these flights with everyone else's stuff I would figure. Not sure how much room they really allow.

9. rick-florida

rick-florida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    after the airlines announced the ban the countries said that trophy hunting paid for the conservations efforts and that the airlines move would harm conversation. hopefully that logic will bring some sense to the discussion.

Tags: