Short Range Conversion Numbers On My Bow

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by BennettallicA, Aug 26, 2015.

1. BennettallicA

BennettallicA Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have been trying for a while to figure out a good way to put the short range conversion numbers from my Archers Advantage printout on my bow. I have seen people make laminated cards for their belt quiver and have seen others hand write the info on the bow quiver. I wanted to find a way to have the information always on my bow or sight that serves a purpose & function without making it look like a NASCAR front quarter panel.

I used my Brother label machine, a metal ruler and a fresh razor blade. Putting it under the top limbs helps keep it in perfect sight in my pre-shooting position so that I can read and make adjustments before attaching my release. I just used plain old Brother label tape, so it's nothing marketed as waterproof. I am hoping with it under the inside of the top limbs it is somewhat sheltered from rain / moisture / brush.

Sharing in case any of you had the same quandary as me to have a clean and functional way of getting these numbers on your bow. Cheers.

IMG_0317.jpg
    IMG_0314.jpg
    IMG_0315.jpg
    IMG_0316.jpg

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pleas don't take this the wrong way.....but why???

3. BennettallicA

BennettallicA Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I would've never thought of doing it but the guy at the pro shop that I paid for the Archers Advantage service from last year told me that he keeps an index card in his pouch for during 3D shoots for shots under 20Y. When you look at the science and physics of "parallax" it makes sense. When I shoot in my basement, my target is 27 feet. When I shoot on the 2nd floor of my home, it is 58 feet. I have yet to test these short range conversions because I am focusing on my 20Y.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. BennettallicA

BennettallicA Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I may never use it but would rather have it I guess to answer your question. I will probably lose the printout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk