Canon G30 low light rating?

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by muzzystrut19, Aug 26, 2015.

1. muzzystrut19

muzzystrut19 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Any users of the G30 have opinions on the low light video footage? From what I have read and experienced, low light and zoom seem to be the big issues when filming hunts? Any thoughts....

Thanks

2. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a g20 and can actually see more on that than I can with my own eyes near dark but that is just my opinion. I would say its really good for cameras in that price range.

3. DD/MO

DD/MO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes...this is accurate. I used the G20 for a few years and there is a point where the camera picks up more light than your eyes. I upgraded to the G30 this year and I would expect it to do the same or even slightly better.

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think they are supposed to be pretty decent in low light. Honestly, to get a camera that excels in low light conditions, you are going to break the bank.

5. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with the others. Iv'e got a g20. Hunting hog in fla. the cam footage could see good when I couldn't even see the ground from the stand. When i played it back it was amazing. It was pitch black but the g20 could see good. Theres a you tube video on low light capabilities of the g20 which is pretty awesome

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015