Curious...2008-2014 Ford Escape users out there?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by tynimiller, Aug 25, 2015.

1. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Test drove a 2012 yesterday with low miles and gotta say I kinda liked the thing....could easily pull most things hitch wise I would need, has AWD and ample storage in the back. Anyone have these things and can share thoughts, pros or cons? The 2013/2014s are in my price range with about 40-60k miles on them and they get even better mileage than the pre-2013 models (I prefer the old body style though).

Just curious if any users out there?

2. Gutpile323

Gutpile323 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My girlfriend drives a 2011 with a v6. It's pretty peppy and gets 24mpg mixed city/highway

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

3. jemcmichael

jemcmichael Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I posted in your thread yesterday, but I like my 2010 a lot. I only have the 4 cylinder FWD, but it has plenty of space inside to haul hunting gear. Especially if you lay back seats down.

I test drove most of the crossover/mid-sized SUVs and the Escape was the only one I drove that felt like I was in a SUV and not a car or station wagon.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

4. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My wife has a 2013 Escape. We test drove almost all of the small SUV market and that is the one she liked the best. The worst were the Chevy Equinox (drives like a tank) and the Honda CRV (surprisingly small on the inside).

5. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Beware the ford escape it is definitely a recall machine. I worked at a dealer for 5 years and my sister has a 05. I know they had issues with the sub frames and the transmissions for years. They are a great car for comfort but check the recalls for the most recent models.

6. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Why not just get a Prius?

7. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Figured that was gonna come from Christine....but knew it was coming bahaha!

8. airenlow

airenlow Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wife loves her 11!

9. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My wife has an 08. I feel so bad for that vehicle!!! Lol!! It's been great to her she had 148k miles on it, knock on wood no major problems. It's our families main vehicle. Wish it was more roomy in the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Buck up and get an edge with AWD and be done with it.

11. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Have only sat in an edge never drove one yet. Not sure how I feel about em, would have to test drive.

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Better yet get the Lincoln version heated and cooled seats, rides like a dream and you can get an 8 cylinder version.

13. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I drive an 06 and the wife drives a 2012. We like the older body style so we looked for a low mileaged 2012 when the wife needed to update her's. They are great in snow, ice and our crappy roads.

I kept the 06 for work and running around the countryside scouting, checking camera, shed hunting and hunting. It is a lot easier on the wallet then filling my truck. Mine has 104,000 on it and other then replacing the battery and plugs... I haven't had any issues with it. I run the V6. I get 18 - 20 mpg.

The wife loves her 2012. It has 47,000 on it now and no issues so far.

The wife puts 30,000 miles on a year with work and it being our main vehicle. We run the V6. Gas mileage runs around 22 - 24 mpg.

We don't pull anything with either of the Escapes. If I need to pull something... I will use the truck.

When we update the wife's in a couple years... we will get another Escape. Will probably give the 2012 to Britney for college.

The 2005s were a problem with quite a few issues. My daughter had one and couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Nothing major but a lot of electrical problems. Stay away from them.

Tim