Bowhunting.com forums

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Shane0709, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was in the archery shop the other day, talking to the bow man, and in our conversations, archerytalk came up. He told be to post a thread asking a stupid question or something negative towards Mathews, to count how many negative comments or arguments would come up about my opinion. So I just threw together 2 threads on there last night, and he was absolutely right. Those guys crack me up. It makes me appreciate this forum so much more. There are so many nice people on this forum it's unbelievable. Just thought I'd share my little experiment with you guys. :lol:

2. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have heard a lot of guys say that AT is a joke. I have never been on there and from what I hear I am glad I haven't.

3. Lung Buster

Lung Buster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    AT is pretty brutal sometimes! I try not to venture much past the Martin section of the forum!! Definitely a great group of people on BHOD forum we are very fortunate here!!

4. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That place is definitely brutal. I avoid it with the exception of the classifieds and the occasional pic in the trailcam section. I must admit that you can get some pretty sweet deals in their classifieds though.

Blessings........Pastorjim

5. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Never was on AT, that is pretty funny tho. Nice experiment, I have everything I need on BH.com.

6. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    never been on AT and have no reason to. everything I need is right here!!!!

7. rsf31tmp

rsf31tmp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So true, I get everything I need on BH.com, and nobody here has ever made me want to go somewhere else. I am a member of Lake Sangchris Bowhunters group on facebook.com, but otherwise I am here

8. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    AT has gotten so big its hard to sort through the bad and ridiculous to find some good information, but there are some folks on AT that have a lot of tuning expertise and I find it a good place to ask questions about specific bow tuning questions. Just have to sort through the random replies and find the guys who really know their stuff. I will say though that the thread that I started about my review of the Mathews HTR had the most hits of anything else I've done on that site. I mean some people are fanatics when it comes to their brand. Most of the top if not all of the top bow manufacturers make some great bows now a days...just personal preference really at this point. I have owned 4 different bow manufacturers in the last 3-4 years...but you put one post about how you like a certain bow or feature of it or Heaven forbid did NOT like some aspect of a bow and you are labeled the dreaded "Fanboy" or "Troll"...come on...I am glad I found this forum
    PS My Xpedition can beat up your Mathews

9. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I saw it and I called you a troll, and I was right :) .

10. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    It's not just AT - it's the Internet as a whole. People would rather spend their free time tearing each other down, fighting, calling names and generally acting like children than have a decent conversation and offer help or advice as adults. It's a pretty sad look into our society and human nature in general.

We've certainly had our share of it here, we just try to keep a closer eye on things and make the trouble makers go away where they let it go on - and even encourage it at times.

11. budalcorn45

budalcorn45 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am a member on both, but lately have been spending a bunch of time over here. I like it here a lot. The people are nice and very informative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Jpeeples

Jpeeples Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like it better here also.. Have gotten a lot of helpful info from y'all as this is my first time bow hunting. Glad to be a part of the forum.

13. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm on both. I like it here a lot better. There are some great people over there, but this time of year it's brutal with the hunting season heroes flooding the site with there "expertise". This site gets a lot of hunting season heroes too. The offseason is the most enjoyable time on this forum, stick around and you'll see!

14. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ive never been on AT but I have heard some real horror stories. Each site has their bad apples and AT is such a big site, that it has quite a large number of the. If you look past that, i'm sure you'll find a group of guys who are very knowledgeable and are willing to share.

15. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You're all a bunch of fanboy jerks! :poke:

16. RugerRedbone

RugerRedbone Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I disagree with you on the off season being the best here. There is nothing better than the "live from the stand" thread.

17. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

when I was starting to bowhunt in 1990 I was 12 yrs old. the worst bow on the market today is way better then the best bow then. the same with arrows, sights, rests, etc. some of the guys today never had to experience the changes the older guys had to. I still remember when Mathews didn't exist and Jennings was on top of the world. Oh yeah and McPherson was just average. Mathew took over and BOOM look at it today. Lucky me I got to hunt with a Bear Whitetail II, what a clunker with all those strings, cables and pulleys going everywhere. I do miss hunting with the old Easton gamegetterII aluminum arrows. If you had the XX78 superslams you were someone. seemed very few could buy Easton acc carbons. boy how things have changed. fun to look back at the times we all took for granted.

18. Bryan Jeffrey

Bryan Jeffrey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I get crap every time I mention my feelings toward whisker biscuits on this site :nana: . and ill keep saying it because they suck buck balls.

19. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree the folks on AT tend to be more abrasive. But I saw your post. With a post like that you really couldn't expect anything different. You were asking for a disagreement. You didn't even try to share a valid opinion or provide reasons for your thinking. Saying one brand is "much much better" makes it seem like completely baseless bashing of a brand.

20. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm with you brother...the first deer I shot was with a Jennings One Star with a big fat heavy aluminum gamegetter. It was like a telephone pole. Got the job done though. I am very happy with my current set up and don't want to go back in time.