PSE stinger x stiletto and source hd help please.

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by altereddezignz, Aug 23, 2015.

1. altereddezignz

altereddezignz Newb

Dislikes Received:
    So my wife has a PSE Stinger X stiletto and when she shoots it always groups to the left. I can shoot the bow and hit dead center then she can shoot and it is always about 4-5 inches to the left of mine every time. We can adjust the sight for her to hit dead on and i shot it and it is always 4-5 inches to the right of hers.
    Now i am very new to compound bows as these are mine and her first. I have a source Hd.
    She shoots right at 35 lb right now and the bow is set on I for her stop and draw length. Now if i look at the manual that says it is 23 inches but i was told to have her stand and make a fist like she was going to shoot her bow. Place her knuckles against the wall and turn her head like she was about to shoot and measure from the wall to the corner of her mouth. This measures right at 26 inches but this does not match her draw length based on the manual.

Also the is something called grow with me and performance on the lower cam? I was told to leave it alone by the guy who set it up. It was a shop but it is not real close and its hard to make it back up there.

I have attached 4 images. 2 of them are the front and back of lower cam on her stinger x stiletto.

I have been trying to watch a lot of videos but have yet to get the hang of all the adjustments and so on. Can anyone point me in the right direction on the draw length and possibly the reason for the sighting issues?

I have attached a couple images.

source hd lower.jpg source hd upper.jpg sting x stil lower back.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Il_public_land_hunter

Il_public_land_hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am not a bow expert by any means, but I can tell you the bow needs to be set up to the person shooting it. I shoot my buddies bow every once in a while and my grouping is a little different then his. Not this drastic though. One thing i would look at is how both of you are holding the bow. Either one of you might be torqueing it causing the difference, and depending on where you both are anchoring.

As far as the grow with me setting goes the bow has the capability to go from i think its 15-70lb draw weight. From the pictures it looks like you have it on this setting now. Dont mess with it until it a lot more weight is needed.

I haven't heard of that method to check draw length before. Most places with have you raise both arms level to your shoulders, fingers extended and measure from the tip of the middle finger to the other tip of the middle finger and divide by 2.5. In my experience this gets you close to where you need to be. I personally measure at 29.5 but should more comfortably at 29. Again I am not an expert though

3. altereddezignz

altereddezignz Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Bow was set up for her but then she started shooting off. So i tried to get it close and then sight it in very close with her shooting that way she did not wear her self out. We are good now.
    Ended up shortening her draw a little. I think we have an issue with her twisting her bow on the 2nd axis. not torquing it tho.
    We have perfect paper tuning from her bow with her shooting it and if she was torquing it that would show there.

Looking at maybe getting her a iq retina sight. Her factory sight doesnt have a bubble level fo the 2nd axis and i think she starts to turn her bow and it throws her aiming off.

4. bigfootcali

bigfootcali Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Was she measured from finger tip to finger tip and if so was it divided by 2.5 also remember not everyone going to have that perfect number dl. If you are not sure about the setup for the stinger stiletto you can get online at pse and check it out.

5. bigfootcali

bigfootcali Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I believe the stinger stiletto dl is A is 30, B 29.5 all the way to M which is 24 and those are half inch each letter, also on the tune chart thats for 40to70lbs