Why we hunt...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by okie_flinger, Aug 23, 2015.

1. okie_flinger

okie_flinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was listening to Steve Rinella's Meateater podcast with Randy Newberg this morning, appreciated Randy's outlook on the outdoors and was excited to learn he has his own podcast.

I randomly picked his most recent podcast with Shane Mahoney and was pretty fascinated...

Shane's appearance on the show probably wasn't unplanned in light of the recent negative status of hunting in the news (cecil the lion & other charismatic megafauna hunting in Africa).

Give it a listen, you won't regret it!

EP 004: Randy Newberg talks with Shane Mahoney, internationally renowned scientist, wildlife expert and conservationist, along with Hunt Talk podcast coordinator Janis Putelis. from Hunt Talk Radio, Randy Newberg Unfiltered | Hunting | Conservation | Politics | Tactics

http://stitcher.com/s?eid=40123115

2. MistaWondaBread

MistaWondaBread Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love Steve Rinella, he is fantastic, and this was one of my favorite podcasts.

3. Smoke

Smoke Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    love his show.... he hunts for the meat and enjoyment of it... not like a lot of other of those shows that just hunt for something for the wall...

4. jemcmichael

jemcmichael Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Listened to 20 minutes of the first episode on my way home from work. I'm hooked. I've been listening to the Meateater podcast and Wired to Hunt a lot lately. Always looking for new stuff. WtH just announced that they'll be doing a Q&A pod in addition to their normal pod each week. Glad to hear that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

5. jemcmichael

jemcmichael Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Also, I think if I could grab a beer with anyone in the hunting world, it may be Rinella. Dude knows a ton about hunting all over and the history of it. Fascinating stuff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk