AccuBow Trainer on Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by illinoisarchery, Aug 22, 2015.

1. illinoisarchery

illinoisarchery Newb

Dislikes Received:
    This product looks sweet! Laser technology and an adjustable resistance band that can be increased or decreased from 10-70 pounds with the simple turn of a dial! I'm sold and I just made my pledge to this Kickstarter campaign to help fund this into production.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/150700612/accubow-a-revolution-in-archery-training

2. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I watched it, intresting! Not sold on it yet though but not a bad idea

3. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    He didn't have time to practice? If you don't have time to practice then how would you have time to practice with a fake bow, lol.

4. illinoisarchery

illinoisarchery Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I believe he was saying that it is more efficient to practice with the AccuBow for only 10 minutes a day and improve your physical capacity to shoot your actual bow than to travel to an archery range and spend an hour shooting arrows.

5. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Still can't see how you'll accomplish accuracy with out the real practice with real arrows, draw point , kisser button every thing has it's value. All you'll get with this is strengthening,which has it's purpose also.
    Rocky
    Practice practice pratice

6. illinoisarchery

illinoisarchery Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Accuracy is dependent on your strength, stability, muscular endurance, and your ability to hold steady while your muscles are under stress. Still can't see how focusing a laser steady within an enclosed target while being at full draw under varying resistances is going to improve your physical capacity to be accurate with your actual bow?

7. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Being that you just joined today and all 4 posts are in regards to this product, I would say it is safe to say you are either the proprieter or associated with him/her in some fashion other than happenstance.

I think you'd probably fair better trying to gain monetary support searching for crossbow forums as a lot(myself included) are using them due to injury of the shoulder.

Something like this that is adjustable in draw weight could be a great rehab product. Going to be a bit hard to gain support with it being in its infancy though.

8. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If this is your product I don't like the idea of you coming on here pretending to be a supporter. Could have just been honest. If its not, that's cool. But really hard to believe considering you are brand new and this is what you started with.

I like the idea. Being that I work on the road and cant have my bow with me I would like one. Wont donate to this, but if they are ever made I would be interested.

Would like to see different grips to match different bows. Conditioning and form only go so far if it feel odd picking up your normal set up when you get home. The 2 would need to be a pretty close feel in hand,, other wise it should be promoted as helping you with form and accuracy, just strength. It also will only help on a very minor level with accuracy. Time on the range is the only true way, and that's proven. Especially with archery like myself who experience target panic, this will not help in the slightest. But, its great for the strength if nothing else, and looks more fun then most exercise I have been considering for on the road. Depending on the price tag, I would take a look.

9. illinoisarchery

illinoisarchery Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry if I offended any of you guys by making you all think I have some sort of vested interest in this product. The inventor is offering a referral bonus system with his Kickstarter campaign and if you refer 10 people, you get a free AccuBow. Just trying to get my free AccuBow by getting others on board... But I do believe in the product and know the struggles of starting your own business, so it's no sweat off my back to help get the word out.

If you pledge to this campaign, say that IllinoisArchery referred you.

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If you don't draw with a release and don't actually release the string you are only doing half of it and why teach muscle memory to the wrong muscles?

11. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I would like a loop on the string also so can use a release also. Finding a way to release it would be awesome. And might help target panic some. Like blind bail shooting, could focus on the release and not the shot. But, not sure how possible or easy that would be to make. Anyone with some brains and building ability should give that some thought though!! I only ask for a free model for giving you the idea haha