Eyecon date keeps resetting

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by Matt D, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Matt D

Matt D Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have a black widow trail camera and every picture says it was taken at 1-1-10 at 12:00AM. I keep resetting the time and it seems to remember it until the camera times out and is set for pictures. I'm still waiting for a reply from customer service. Anyone else run into this problem? I opened the camera and there is a small watch battery, but it is soldered and pressed into place. The camera still works, so I don't want to break it fixing it, but it kinda needs to read the correct time and date to be useful.

2. Matt D

Matt D Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I replaced the battery on the circuit board and that solved the date and time issue. I set the camera last week and it took 14,000 pics in a row until it filled the card. Now it won't take any pictures. I took it apart to make sure the camera and motion censor got mounted in the right spot and changed the batteries and think it is working now. Put it out last night, so we will see. Of all my cameras, this eyecon is giving me the most trouble. I bought it because it was cheap, I guess you get what you pay for. Anyone have better luck with their Mantis or other models.

3. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Matt,
    I had the same problem with a Bushnell in regards to date and time but a firmware update fixed mine. Hope it works for you now.

4. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I cannot help with this, but I had a problem with my Eyecon having black night pictures. I called customer service and they were extremely polite and if their solution doesn't work they told me to call back (I wont be able to test til this weekend) and they'll correct the problem. Good luck!

5. n8dawgtundra

n8dawgtundra Newb

Dislikes Received:
    How did you reattach the battery on the 2 tabs on the black widow

6. BigPhil_H

BigPhil_H Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I wouldn't tamper with anything as I would think that this would void the warranty. I'm not sure how long ago you emailed their CS but I would try calling.