***Kyudo Killers - Team 18 Thread ***

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by drenman, Aug 17, 2015.

1. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Team 18 Check In and tell a little bit about yourself.

Team 18 -
    buckjeezy
    tbass3574 - Checked In
    Bobcat031 - Checked In
    Hammer1171 - Checked In
    short69 - Checked In
    FEB - Checked In
    Mitchellhunt99 - Checked In
    kern06 - Checked In
    Sharpshoot3r - Checked In
    drenman - Checked In
    rustyreno - Checked In
    Mkwa Hunter

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  2. short69

short69 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Short69 checking in

3. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    Drenman checking in.

My name is Matt, live in Lincoln, Nebraska. The outdoors are a passion of mine, bowhunting has become an obsession. I've been fortunate to have a couple of good pieces of ground to hunt for the past 10 years or so and have been able to take a few pretty solid deer. The last couple years have been pretty slim with the EHD that whipped out most of our deer herd. The good news is that things seem to be back on an upswing and I'm hearing about better numbers and more quality bucks.

Last time FEB and I teamed up we did ok so I'm looking forward to this year. A quick pic of a couple of past bucks I keep in my office since I don't have any trailcam pics to share yet this year.

[​IMG]

4. kern06

kern06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Kern checking in. I'll post details about me and my upcoming season when I get to a computer. Not a big fan of writing much on taptalk

5. Mitchellhunt99

Mitchellhunt99 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mitchellhunt99 checking in!

My name is Mitchell and I'm from Michigan. This is my 3rd year bowhunting and my first year entering this competition! You wont be seeing any huge deer from me, but I'm pretty confident i can put some points on the board with a decent buck. Here is a picture of a deer my dad shot 2 years ago in gun season just to give you guys a peek at what my property has potential for. IMG_0667.JPG

6. tbass3574

tbass3574 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Tbass3574 checking in! Happy to be here. hunting in upstate NY, not a lot of studs around here but pencil me in for at least a couple does

7. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What's up Matt? How are ya brother? What do you mean we "did OK"? We had the best team in the history of bow hunting! :moose:

Fred checkin in. I hunt Illinois mostly, a little in Wisconsin. Only small parcels, but I've been on a good roll for several years. I plan on taking at least a few deer, and hopefully a mature buck. I haven't been to my spots since last season, but I'm REALLY hoping this deer is still alive and we cross paths!

[​IMG]

8. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    That's a stud Fred, glad we can team up again. Should be fun!

9. rustyreno

rustyreno Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Rustyreno checking in. My name is Andrew and this is my first year in the competition and I am excited to be here. I am from NY and have been getting some bucks on cam so far. I have my eye on a decent basket 10 point that has been showing up. Hopefully I will be contributing points to our effort.

Tbass, where in NY are you? I am hunting Westchester and Putnam counties.

10. tbass3574

tbass3574 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Rustyreno I hunt in Eastern Rensselaer county

11. kern06

kern06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bryan from the big woods of northern Minnesota. This will be my 3rd or 4th year bowhunting and I have yet to kill a deer. I won't lie the big woods of northern MN is a tough place to hunt but I will be putting in my best effort. I have one good 8 point on cam so far. He is my number one deer I will be after. I'll try to find a picture or two. The area I hunt is bucks only. You can only shoot one deer and it needs to be a buck. Needless to say my MN season could be tough going.

My best bet at a real nice deer will be my week long hunt in South Dakota. This will be my second trip out there. I didn't connect last year but I am hoping the things I learned throughout that trip will get me over the hump. There definitely are some quality bucks out there.

I am going to Colorado to chase elk for a week when the season opens here in MN so deer will have to be put on the back burner until the end of September. After that it will be all deer all the time. I'm excited to be a part of this team and can't wait to see some deer start hitting the dirt. Let's get after it! :bow:

12. kern06

kern06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here's the 8 pt. that has been showing up pretty regularly on this cam. I believe I have to be close to a bed of his judging by the times he has been showing up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a deer from last year that I think may have made it through the season. I haven't checked the cams in his area since the beginning of July. I will have a better idea when I check cams on Wednesday. Hope he makes an appearance.

[​IMG]

13. Sharpshoot3r

Sharpshoot3r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sharpshoot3r checked in. I hunt NY,NJ. Maybe Kansas this year on my friends property a lot of giants.

14. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome guys!

When you go to SD, get yourself a doe tag. You'll at least have a shot at entering 2 deer if you do connect with a buck.
    Everybody bagging a doe is a huge step to winning this thing (And you can fill the freezer) :D

15. kern06

kern06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Definitely. Haven't purchased my SD license yet but if it is the same as last year I can shoot an antlerless deer. It also can be a whitetail or muley. We can party hunt (aka cross tag) here in MN also so I could shoot another buck if I get together with a buddy or two. We'll give er hell no matter.

16. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    Fred is spot on, being a lady killer is the key to staying in this contest. The whole idea is to have fun with it but staying in the mix makes it even more fun.

Brian, that looks like a good buck and even better you have daylight pics of him. Good luck!

My season starts 9/1 this year, I've gone without shooting something the last couple years because of numbers but I feel like this year should be better. I picked up a couple of small acreages to hunt close to town this year that I really hope will yield at least a doe.

17. Hammer1171

Hammer1171 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hammer1171 checking in. I'm from Maryland. I've been bow hunting since I was 14 and am completely obsessed. This is my third year in this contest. I really do enjoy the camaraderie this contest brings. I hunt on Maryland's Eastern Shore which is comprised of mostly agriculture. I'm hoping to contribute a doe early on and then a decent buck. I have some decent 3 1/2 year olds and one 4 1/2 that we have named Caesar. I'll post some pics later tonight.

Hey FEB - where are you going for elk? I leave Sept 5 for Colorado. The guide is sending me pics of a bachelor group of bulls with one around 325". I was out there last year and had a 350" herd bull bust me coming to full draw at 23 yds.

Good luck to everyone this season. Have fun!

18. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome Hammer, but it's not me chasing elk, that was Bryan (Kern). Good luck out there!

19. Hammer1171

Hammer1171 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry FEB. I'm just so excited I'm getting confused. hahahahaha.

Try this again. Kern - where are you going after elk?

20. short69

short69 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We need to come up with a team name and captain
    I have a couple suggestions
    Team "YES DEER"
    team "Buck wild"