***Bone Heads - Team 15 Thread***

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by rizzo999, Aug 17, 2015.

1. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I did not see a team page started yet so here we go! Please check-in here to let us know that you will be participating this year. Also, give a little info about where you hunt, gear, what you are seeing, etc... Good luck everyone! Mike

Team 15 - (x: checked-in)
    x Mr_BS
    x rizzo999
    x Oldcarp
    x jarodkallal
    x timmy_ar
    x dingodango
    x Scott S
    x kurveball18
    x Panacea Nike
    x gri22ly
    x rknierim
    x Cody_MidMO

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  2. rizzo999

Dislikes Received:
    rknierim, I see we are on a team together again! Seeing many deer downstate? Not very good around here. Since the last week of June I have gotten pics of one buck (7 pointer), 2 does and 1 fawn. I have only had my cams on one very small property so far this year so I'm still optimistic. I will be doing a one-week long public land hunt this Fall which will probably be my best and possibly only chance to continue my streak of entering both a buck and a doe into the contest!

3. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Im checking in. i live in Utah and hunt elk and mule deer here and I also take a week in Kansas and hunt with family for white tail. I don't shoot anything fancy but it gets the job done.:moose: This should be fun

4. rizzo999

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome, I've followed your adventures out West in the past. I'm hoping to either get drawn in IA for whitetail next year or I'll be trying my luck with elk in CO if that drawing doesn't go my way.

None of my bucks in this contest in the past have made people go "wow!", but I will say the year that most of our team scored on both a doe and a buck we won the contest. Only iHunt put down a big one that year if I remember correctly. The key was all of the does that the team put down. Of course, the bucks didn't hurt either. The main point is to have fun and enjoy the conversation!

5. Oldcarp

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you rizz. My passion is archery elk.
    I have got my deer Saturday. Not a big one. (sorry) Our bow hunt here starts 3rd weekend in August and ends the second Friday of September. In the rules it said not say anything tell today after the teams were posted. He only scored 70 1/2 inches. Do I post pictures on our team page or another page? i do have a story to go with it:D

6. Panacea Nike

Panacea Nike Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Panacea Nike checking in. I hunt in North Florida so compared to most of you guys a trophy buck to me here probably won’t be that impressive to you guys. I am almost always good for a couple does and I spend a lot of time in the woods. We have a long season in FL starting Sep 19th in my zone and goes through Jan 24th. I hunt on a lease that is directly behind my neighborhood so it is very easy for me to put a lot of time in the woods year round. We have an 8 point or better rule on the lease that I hunt that we started about 4 years ago and as a result we are starting to see much better bucks. My #1 and #2 bucks made it through last season so I am very excited to get after them this year. I look forward to being on a team with you guys and as this is my first year in the contest I know I am going to have fun. Good luck…

7. Oldcarp

Dislikes Received:
    Panacea, welcome its my first year to do the contest also

8. Oldcarp

Dislikes Received:
    FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender (2).jpg FullSizeRender (1).jpg

Not for sure if that's what they need or not for pictures

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  9. Mr_BS

Mr_BS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mr BS checkin' in!
    Ready to get in the woods!
    Got a nice 11 point I am hoping to meet here in AR in a couple months. I'll also be hunting LA alot when we go in to see family, and I have a trio to Kansas planned for November.

10. Panacea Nike

Panacea Nike Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice Job Oldcarp. Way to start us off, congrats.

11. Oldcarp

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, I still have my Kansas hunt for a bonus deer. Hopefully I can get another 50 points for the team. I am hunting elk and it is in the deer family :o

12. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys,
    Just checking in. Cant wait for the Wisconsin opener. got some nice bucks on cam this year so hopefully I can put one down. I'm pretty much a horn hunter since my dad usually gets us the meat.

Should we think about a team name?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  13. Oldcarp

Dislikes Received:
    Great Idea

14. Mr_BS

Mr_BS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  15. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm pretty much open to any team name. Here is some ideas?
    Blood Trailers
    Rack Masters
    Lung Pokers
    Buck Droppers

Here is a little bit about me. I've been a pretty active member on the forums all summer long. I've learned a ton. I live in eastern Wisconsin but hunt in central Wisconsin. During the bow season I pretty much hunt nearly every weekend atleast an evening or morning hunt. Once I hit October I usually stay at our cabin the whole weekend and hunt through the weekend. I definitely put my time in the woods. The rut kicks in around November 1st through the 15th so I take several vacation days to spend a good amount of time in the woods. As mentioned above, I set my standards pretty high for myself. I've had counteless opportunities to harvest small bucks over the years but I haven't. (My dad gives me a hard time about it, he thinks I should start dropping deer). Well needless to say, 2 years ago I had a opportunity present itself on a very nice buck. Would have scored about 150" or so. I made a piss poor shot and never was able to recover the deer. To this day it bothers me and always will.

I have a new bow for this year and have practiced all summer long atleast 2-3 times a week. I kind of need to prove to myself that I can get it done once and for all on a nice buck. I might lower my standards a bit this year but at minimum I want a nice 8 pt or better.

The woods I hunt has had some monster bucks before and usually there is one running around every year as this woods is pretty big with lots of cover and crop fields. So atleast there is some potential at an opportunity or chance at a pope and young buck.
    I look forward to hearing everyones stories as the season progresses. I'm on here pretty much every day.

16. Oldcarp

Dislikes Received:
    Here is one to throw in with Kurveball,

Buck Kickers

17. rizzo999

Dislikes Received:
    I'm all for hearing the story on the buck oldcarp!

18. jarodkallal

jarodkallal Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    jarodkallal checking in, a little about myself, I hunt in Greene county,IL, which is diagonal from pike co. I am pretty lucky and get to hunt on my In-laws ground and the past 4-5 years have been the best I've ever had. i hunt a lot. I have been able to put a buck down 3 years in a row. (been in the contest 2 years, 154'',135'') I havent been very impressed with my pictures this summer but i never have much luck with them anyway. I hope to keep my luck going this year. also nice buck oldcarp.

19. Scott S

Scott S Field Staff Manager

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Guys,

Scott S checking in. I'm hunting out of central Pennsylvania. I have some good bucks around for our neck of the woods. I'll be hunting a lot of evenings and Saturdays. No Sunday hunting for us! Looking forward to this!

20. timmy_ar

timmy_ar Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in. Names Tim I live in southern Indiana and work in Owensboro Ky at a Whiskey Distillery. I have hunted same family farm for 22 years now. I will also be hunting family ground in KY in about 3 weeks to try for my first velvet. I am an Athens Archery Factory Staff Shooter. Last season I took my largest deer scoring just under 160. We have several good ones of camera already so hopefully should be a good season.