new string issues

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by jerryvandersnick, Aug 15, 2015.

1. jerryvandersnick

jerryvandersnick Newb

Dislikes Received:
    new to the forum so thanks in advance for your help

recently put a new string on my Z7 extreme and have shot about 550 shots since the shop installed it. The string was from a newish company in Meridian Id "on target custom bowstrings". I wanted a winners choice but the bow shop guy talked me into one of their own strings which he said were just as good as winners choice, and the same price. he said it would take about 400 shots to break it in....so I should be there.

Problem is I am about 10 inches low at 50 and about 24 inches low at 70yds. right on at 20. so it seems that I have lost a lot of velocity....is that common?

2. DriveTacks

DriveTacks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    check your draw weight?

3. Bow String Depot

Bow String Depot Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Draw weight and timing!

Hutch

4. jerryvandersnick

jerryvandersnick Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you to all of you who responded. Took the bow to Tom aka "ex-wolervine" at Park-N-Sons Archery. He found multiple serious issues with the way that the other bow shop tuned the bow. They really had done nothing other than install the string...although they told me they had "fine" tuned the bow and I paid them $156 for the string and tune up. He spent several hours with me and my bow and refused to talk any money. Got home did a few gang adjustments and the bow is shooting lights out...from 20 to 70 with no other adjustments. thought OK this is good wonder how it shoots broad heads.............three shot 70 yd broad head group all inside 3 inch bulls eye with no adjustment from feild points.

Incredible.

Nothing but good to say about "ex-wolverine". This guy flat knows what he is doing and is honest and easy to work with. By the way he builds strings and if his strings reflect his tuning ability then this is where we all should be getting our strings. My next string will be from Park-N-Sons Archery

Attached Files:

5. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    He makes a great set of strings...

6. 60X Custom Strings

60X Custom Strings Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Tom is certainly one of the good guys in archery. He knows his way around a bow and can make a killer set of custom compound bow strings