New Tru-Fire Release Seems Small..

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by CThorn, Aug 8, 2015.

1. CThorn

CThorn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just got back from shooting my bow and testing out my new "Tru-Fire Hardcore Buckle Foldback". This is the first time I have shot with it, I have been using the Tru-Fire Hurricane. I'm not sure if it's just because its a different feel or what, but I didn't enjoy shooting with it.. I have larger hands and the trigger aways seemed to be further back then I wanted, almost like it was too small for me. Anyone have this problem? Is the trigger supposed to be further back for this model? I do like the adjustability, I hope I can just get use to the release

2. Joe Collins

Joe Collins Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use a True fire buckle fold back. I'm not sure if it's the same model as yours. I have really small hands for a guy and even while being all the way spun out to the longest setting the trigger still isn't as far out as I'd like it. I'm used to it now though so it doesn't bother me. I don't think its meant just for kids since the strap adjusts so far out. *shrugs*

3. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just picked up the Truefire Smoke with the foldback. I had to adjust the head almost all the way in but i wear my wrist strap kinda loose

4. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sometime I over look the simple things, so I will ask. Did you adjust the head length? It has about 3/4" of adjustment. I think mine it to long. I found more accuracy if I use the middle section of my finger to operate the trigger.

5. CThorn

CThorn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had it adjusted all the way out, with the strap loose, and I was still very uncomfortable shooting with it. I ended up returning it and went back to my old release

6. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've been shooting with the Hurricane release for 13 years now, I couldn't be happier with them. I think it's a comfortable release. I also keep a backup release in case I drop mine.