Any idea?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by S.S.Tupperware, Aug 4, 2015.

1. S.S.Tupperware

S.S.Tupperware Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am not bad on grouping in the target, but the rear of my arrows are always an in lower and to the right than the head... why is this?

2. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Your arrows aren't flying straight. Bow is tuned improperly. If you paper time you will see the same low right year or if you hate shaft tune the arrows will impact high and left. Take it into the shop for a tune up. The low part might be due to a low nocking point or poor can timing. The right could be from improper center shot, can lean or poor spine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. S.S.Tupperware

S.S.Tupperware Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Only have box stores around here, not sure if they can do it, or just bolt on Accys. I do have other arrows I could try...?

4. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'd get a bow square, some paper, and paper tune your bow. First you want to make sure your rest and nock are lined up properly and a bow square will help align them. Also make sure your peep isn't twisted or that you are tilting your head to see through it, otherwise that could mean it's not set in the serving properly. Next you'll want to secure/suspend some paper about 4 feet or so in front of your target and shoot through it from about 5 feet away. Below is a chart I found on the Interwebs that will help you align your shot from there.

P.S. Make sure your broadhead blades match your vanes or you won't get proper arrow flight.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  5. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    Good info. Except it doesn't matter if you align broadhead blades to fletching

6. S.S.Tupperware

S.S.Tupperware Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Only shootin field tips now, need to get some Bheads. Multiple is what i would say I bought the bow used set up with a drop away rest and sight already on there. It seems to be accurate I can put 6 arrows in the bottom of a beer can sized area 7/8ths of the time, I do get a flyer once in a while, but I am new at this... I have been bowfishing mostly so this is completely different. Thanks for the help...

7. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Probably not necessary, it's just something I was told a long time ago when I shot traditional. I imagine that old method was before they figured out that the cocked vane needed to be aligned with the stiffest part of the spine (which is important). I guess my OCD is kicking in...

8. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    It's going by to be really tough to get broadheads to fly if you don't correct the issue.

9. S.S.Tupperware

S.S.Tupperware Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I guess I need to figure some things out...