Habitat managment

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by CToutdoorsman, Aug 4, 2015.

1. CToutdoorsman

CToutdoorsman Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I was reading the Hinge cutting article on here and was wondering how many people create habitat for their deer? or wildlife in general? if so what do you do, what has been your results?

2. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It is the most rewarding thing and in many ways has become the biggest part of my hunting! Hinging, cutting, food plotting, clear cutting, making beds, planting trees/bushes.....waterholes....pretty much anything and everything. LOVE IT!

3. ruteger

ruteger Guest

I started two years ago with habitat management by clearing some land in an overgrown field and planting clover. This year I planted some turnips in a new spot I cleared along with overseeding the clover I did the year before. I'm already planning things I'm going to do next spring like planting trees to create better bedding areas and do some hinge cutting. Honestly, I look forward to working on the foodplot and surrounding areas almost as much as I enjoy sitting in my stand. Do it! You'll be amazed at the enjoyment you get out of it and how rewarding it is.