Which arrows?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by S.S.Tupperware, Aug 3, 2015.

1. S.S.Tupperware

S.S.Tupperware Newb

Dislikes Received:
    New at this, and am looking to get some arrows set up for this upcoming season. I am shooting a Hoyt around 58 lbs, and this whole weight thing has me confused. I understand lighter is faster, and heavier hits harder... I don't expect to shoot past 25 yards if that matters. I figure I would go with fixed blade heads, I want to keep things simple as possible and not worry about gettin the job done.

2. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well the Easton axis are very popular for hunters. I like gold tip so I recommend trying the hunters. If you're going to use fixed blade heads I recommend trying four vanes because it stabilizes the arrow much better. Three work well but four is better. I don't know your draw length but 400 is probably good. If you have a 29"+ draw length a 340 would probably be better and if you decide to go with four vanes a stiff arrow won't bother at all. I use a 300 spine and can hit a x at 50 yards. That's the farther I go with a 3 pin.

3. turkish621

turkish621 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I used to shoot the Easton Axis and thought they worked well.

4. creed1

creed1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ive been shooting the victory archery VAP V-1s they hit hard and penetrate deep. Nicest hunting arrow I've come across so far!

5. Bowafide

Bowafide Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you're not shooting beyond 25 yards, I wouldn't worry too much about arrow brand/type. Do make sure to select a proper spine like MissionBlaze mentioned; your draw weight and draw length will determine the proper spine of whatever arrows you choose to use. I hunt in an area where high winds are very common, so I shoot a heavier arrow...Easton Full Metal Jackets. Gold Tip Hunter arrows are a middle of the road option that worked very well for me in the past. Good Luck!

6. flatwoodshunter

flatwoodshunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  7. S.S.Tupperware

S.S.Tupperware Newb

Dislikes Received:
    So what would the downfall to be to too stiff of an arrow, I can imagine one to weak is like a wet noodle.

8. Adamant2010

Adamant2010 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've been shooting the east axis 400's for a couple years now and they get the job done!