Question about feeders

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Worzeth, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Worzeth

Worzeth Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just bought a Wildgame Nation Quicket 225 tripod feeder. This is the link if you want to see what I am talking about http://www.basspro.com/Wildgame-Innovations-Quick-Set-225-Tripod-Game-Feeder/product/1403281059/

It works great but my only problem with it is that it's too damn noisy. When that corn hits the metal plate that spins and throws the corn out you can hear it 200 yards away thru the woods. Does anyone know if I was to put moleskin on the plat to dull the noise of the corn hitting the plate if it will work to quite it down? Or has anyone have any ideas about how to make it quieter?

2. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think most are like that, But the deer get use to it and when ever they hear it go off its like a dinner bell! Some times deer go running to it just to be the first one to get at the corn.

3. Worzeth

Worzeth Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ya I understand that.. but my problem is even though I am hunting private property it's only about a 40 acre woods between 3 neighborhoods and I got camera's out and 3 tree stands. I would rather not have the noise and maybe draw some peoples attention to the area.

4. S.S.Tupperware

S.S.Tupperware Newb

Dislikes Received:
    walmart or a craft store has 1/8th sticky back foam.