Bitzenburger Modification

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by trial153, Aug 2, 2015.

1. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lately I have been unhappy with the fletching jobs I have been getting with my Arizona EZ Fletch mini. I felt that the placement was imprecise and sloppy. The only reason I used it was because of the strong helical that it gives short high vanes like Blazers.

I kept wishing to could get a the neatness and precision of my Bitz with the helical of the mini.

So with that in mind I made a modification to the Bitz Helical camp.
    I cut the top of the clamp off at a very slight angle up towards the clamp springs. This prevents the front of the clamp from touching the shaft. The reason being was that without the clamp touching the shaft I was able to add a bit more angle to the adjustment while keeping the bases of the vanes in contact with the shaft.

While I still do not think I have as much helical as the AEZ mini, I have it very very close. And add to it that the vane placement is more precise, with less front to back variation as well as more precise placement on the circumference of the shaft. Arrow to arrow its an improvement.

2. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. rccordrey

rccordrey Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I did the exact thing to my clamp. Let's you get a little more helical.

5. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice work. I had a Bitz years ago but sold it because I wasn't real happy with the helical. This makes me want buy one again. I use an AZ mini for Blazers and a Jo-Jan for everything else. I did like the Bitz a lot better but the Jo-Jan puts more helical on.

6. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use the AZ as well and I feel like the spacing between the vanes on the shaft can get inconsistent if you aren't paying really close attention

7. jody5252

jody5252 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bitz is by far, a top of the line jig. It is plain, not fancy, or complicated. It gets the job done. Period! I would bet to say that, very soon they will be coming out with a clamp, with more helical... Only thing with what you guys did, is that I doubt your warranty is going to be honored, and you cannot use that clamp for longer vanes/feathers... However. A very good idea.

8. ngabowhunter

ngabowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had grinded the bottom off the front of mine, Years ago, I had my old bitz since 83 or 84