I have to ask a question.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by LittleChief, Jul 31, 2015.

1. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I have to ask because it's bugging me. Perhaps it shouldn't, but it is.

Did anyone actually read my last post? I know that the vast majority of you probably saw the title "St. Jude Children's Research Hospital" and skipped it because it was either me asking for donations or me talking about running again.

Hey, I get that, and that's perfectly okay. I also figure that the 44 views were either accidental clicks or someone read the first few lines and thought, "Yep, that's what it's about" and closed it.

Oh well, I was just curious because it's pretty uncommon on here for no-one to respond to a post like that. Well, at least what was in the middle of the post.

Anyway, as promised in the last post, once it rolled off that was it. I'll pay the rest out of pocket and I don't mind doing that at all. I'm no longer trying to raise funds, so that's not the reason for this post. I edited the post I made on Monday and removed the fundraising link.

Tony, Fletch and Matt - Thanks for your support. I won't be posting any more run updates on here or Facebook either for that matter, but rest assured I'll keep running.

Y'all take care.

2. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't remember seeing your last post I must have missed it because I have no idea what your talking about.

3. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My thought, too. Though, I'm not on as often as I had been.

I saw your last update, and commented. But, nonetheless, best of luck in the running.

4. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry you got your feelings hurt but it is a hunting forum dude, not a fitness and solicitation forum, not sure what you expected with that content.

5. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    Nah, dude, my feelings aren't hurt one bit. Just curious is all. I needed to make one more post anyway to thank the guys who donated. Also, this is the watercooler section, where we can post about anything, correct? :)

6. ShaneB22

Dislikes Received:
    You're correct. But I think what he was trying to say was this is mainly a hunting forum. It's not like the body building or shape fit forums.

7. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    Ah so you're saying it's primarily a "hunting forum" and it's not the "deflategate", "Cecil the lion", "Truck brand loyalty", "Rebel Battle Flag" etc. forum. Is that right?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  8. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    So you're saying your personal goals with running and soliciting funds is considered (or should be considered) parallel topics with those things? Most of those thing you listed are top running news stories or long running debate topics.

I'm just not sure what you're so disappointed about, you posted your threads and they were read and donations made, the folks that weren't interested moved along quietly...that's kinda the way nice forums work. SOmetimes it hurts to realize you're not the center of the universe. I think it says a lot that you're ready to leave the forum over something so innocuous. If you're staying around just to relay your experiences with running and soliciting rather than contributing to the overall hunting themed forum...then you're probably better off leaving anyway.

9. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    Brother, you have totally misunderstood me here and it's obvious that you don't know me at all.

10. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    He lost a friend that was being treated at the very facility that he pours his heart and soul into and we all missed it. It hurts, and he poured it out there and we all missed it. Simple as that.

LC, best wishes to you and your friends family.

11. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    It really doesn't matter, Fletch. I realize now that my post could very well have been misinterpreted as complaining because no one cared about my running. Hell, I know that only a very few that donate care at all. I've always been perfectly okay with that.

In the overall scheme of things, it doesn't really matter that no-one replied to that post. I was being totally honest when I said I was just curious if anyone actually read it. There are so many good people on here and I just didn't understand.

12. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Chief, I didn't see it. My tapatalk app tends to default to only the topics I'm subscribed to, so I don't see a lot of the new topics.

Please share your donation link. I can't give much but I will give some. :)

13. ShaneB22

Dislikes Received:
    Well many people probably aren't interested in running like those other topics. I'm not trying to be disrespectful or anything but again there are fitness forums out there. To be honest I usually skip over everything that isn't hunting or archery related. Sometimes I read through them and don't comment. I don't know what else to say. Good luck to you.

14. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the explanation Fletch.

Yeah I totally misinterpreted what you were trying to accomplish bud, sorry. I read it as you complaining that few read and replied and donated to your post so therefore you were leaving the forum. I apologize for giving you a hard time over it. As Missionblaze stated in his post (see below or above) I am the same way, I avoid a ton of topics that are obviously not related to hunting or anything I'm not interested in. The few of your posts I've read with a title related to running and training, etc..just isn't something I'm generally interested in so I've just skipped over the rest of them, like the last one. I also skip over most that are obvious from the title that someone or pet has passed because honestly they hurt and I can't stand to have that on my mind all day long.
    Condolences to you for the loss of your friend and to the family.

^^^this^^^

15. RugerRedbone

RugerRedbone Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What you do for St. Jude's is incredible. I have thought many times about donating but until very recently I just didn't have the funds available. I missed the thread your discussing here completely but I didn't skip it intentionally, I just didn't see it. Keep up the good work for those kids, they need more people like you willing to help.

16. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:

Christine,

Thanks, but it really isn't necessary. I can very easily finish out my obligation and I don't mind doing it. That's part of the deal when we agree to raise a certain amount, and we don't agree to do it unless we're willing to pay the entire amount ourselves if the need arises. Besides, my link is still out there on my Facebook homepage and there are still a few folks who are going to donate. I'm not worried about that at all. :)

17. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Never saw the thread LC... sorry man.

18. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty please?

:)

19. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry LC, I never even saw the thread about it. I do enjoy your updates of your running progress and funding for St. Jude. I hope you continue to post updates on both.

20. Parker70

Parker70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Never saw it. I'm running more this summer than I have in the past 3 years. Getting to the point where I feel like I have to do it. Good luck with it.