King Pin (Or any single pin) Clearance Question

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by nealmccullough, Jul 31, 2015.

1. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone every looked at the clearance of their adjustable site when the dial it all the way down? I don't plan to shoot anything over 50 yards, but it looks like if I put it down to 90 or 100 yards i'm going to run into an issue; my arrow nearly touches the bottom of the site.

I'm not surprised this can happen, I guess just surprised there is that much movement in the adjustable site.

2. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Very common on target adjustable sights. Most people shooting extreme distances in the taget world (FITA/Field) are using smaller diameter scopes.

It's also dependent on your peep height, and the distance between your sight and peep. If you pull the sight in closer to the riser on the extension you will get more distance. Most FITA shooters do this because they are shooting out to 90 meters.

3. J-Daddy

J-Daddy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It can be an issue for some people...The common causes of this are slow bow speed and a low peep sight "high anchor on your face".... Now if your shooting a fairly fast bow and still having this issue 99% of the time it's due to have a really high anchor which in turn means your peep sight is low in the string "closer to your nocking point/loop"... Honestly, not a lot you can do other than move your peep sight up and readjust your anchor point & form.

4. AndyWest83

AndyWest83 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mine is the same way Neal on my HTR. Not to worried since most of my shots in the field never break 30 yards ha. It is fun shooting at 60 plus yards though at the range.