SuperCrew Long Bed Owners?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Rick James, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    To piggy back on Matt's thread, anyone have a Ford SuperCrew with the 6.5' box?

Do you regret getting the longer wheelbase truck? Do you seem to notice any difference in parking it, etc?

2. DIY_guy

DIY_guy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    All my trucks have been bought with an 8 foot bed. No problems parking or maneuvering but a lot of good from the extra space in the bed.

3. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    I test drove a '13 Platinum SCREW with 6.5' bed. I was able to take it for some time (salesman is a good friend). It was fine parking, backing up, and to me, the longer wheelbase translates to a better ride. I took it places that required me to back up into a blind spot, do a few three point turns, parking lot, etc, and I really didn't notice the extra length that much.

That truck was sweet and would probably be in my garage if it weren't for the price. The air conditioned seats were something I never expected to like, but I did.

4. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Matt - That's the kind of info I was looking for. You should just buy the thing. :tu:

5. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    I'm too cheap :D

6. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You'll be fine.

I never had a supercrew but I did have '79 Lincoln Continental Town car that I drove around for several years in cook county. That baby was 19.5' feet long. Only 127" wheelbase, which made parking and cornering more challenging because there's so much hood and truck hanging out. Lol

But rarely did I find it difficult. My biggest problem with it was that 400 engine did not like sitting in traffic. Got 9 mpg and wanted to overheat. But on the open road... That thing was like cruising in a climate controlled recliner. Hahahaha!

7. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    So...did you buy it, Matt??