Lifeline While Using Climbing Treestands

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Bagamissprime, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Bagamissprime

Bagamissprime Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just had a quick question to see if anyone used a Hunter Safety System Lifeline while using their climbing tree stand. I know most of the time you usually use a lifeline when you have a set tree stand in the woods but unfortunately I hunt on public land and all I have is a climbing tree stand.

I've thought about attaching a lifeline for certain trees in different areas of the woods but I'm not sure if I should go that route or just use a tree strap every time I climb a new tree. I have a few different locations and a few different trees that I usually climb.

Let me know if/what you use if you have a climbing tree stand.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Captn Kirk

Captn Kirk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Use the safety harness and use a strain relief strap I move both up the tree between the two I can get down if needed without the stand

3. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've never used one with my climber. Most likely 'cause I rarely sit in the same tree twice with it on the public land I hunt so there is nowhere to anchor the top. I do use it with my hang-on and stick set-up though beginning last year. It is a pain to carry another piece of equipment to the woods, but when I take a look at my son and daughter it is surely worth it!

4. jdhaines32

jdhaines32 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would use the strap you have or get one of the rope style straps with the prussic knot.

5. Bagamissprime

Bagamissprime Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the input guys! I do have a hang on with some sticks in the front part of my in laws land but I've never sat it before. Maybe I will take the set down and find a nice spot to put them up where I hunt. Carrying the climber in the stand every time I got out there is getting old. I haven't shot a deer yet but I've helped my buddy drag three back to the truck with the stand and my bow and that was a pain.

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk