The Itch Is Unbearable

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Battle734, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Battle734

Battle734 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    HELP!!! i have the itch so bad and cant wait two more months for the season to start! i tried laying in my freezer and told my GF to thaw me out by mid september, but she didnt like that idea to much so i couldnt go through with it. i just got 25 acres of woods that lines 80 acres of farmers field to hunt this year and i struggle to not go every day and scout. i have completed all my trimming, hung all my cams, and set all my stand already in preparation. anyone need any help with hunting chores i need to keep my mind occupied for two months before i lose it! haha just needed to vent it out! hope everyone is getting ready for the season!! Stay safe out there

2. quadlee

quadlee Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got the itch also, like 2 more stands to hang, and plant some oats and radish and I will be done

3. Drivingtacks

Drivingtacks Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I going to scratch my itch by scouting velvet bucks in ND this weekend. Can't wait!

4. WiscoBowHunter

WiscoBowHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have 15 new stands to hang and shooting lanes to finish up before I head west to hunt Elk and bear! Then from there out I'm hunting anything the walks, runs, or flys!

Sent from my arrow using Mathews!

5. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I feel your pain bro. I should say I share your itch! I have one more stand I have to trim a few trees around at Property #1 and I am done. I check cams every 2 weeks now. I am PUMPED too!

6. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Whew...glad I opened this thread I thought you were talking about crabs... Seriously, the "addiction" has really grown for me over the past couple weeks. I know that fishing usually helps me get thru some of the tough times, though! Back to viewing aerials and topo maps now.

7. wrassjd

wrassjd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I caught myself at work today thinking about what piece of land will be my first sit for the season...I got it BAD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You're telling me. I've got two places and 3 stands and a blind. Still don't know where I'll sit first.

9. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  10. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I feel ya on this as well. I have 4 cameras out right now on managed forest crop land which is private but technically open to the public. There is usually a few other hunters. I have one camera on the edge of a cornfield that I usually get the big buck pictures on in July and August. It is driving me crazy not being able to check the cams let alone know that the one camera is still there. I feel like one of these years the camera is going to get stolen by some idiot even though I have them locked with a python cable. They have been out since July 3rd and hoping I can manage to leave them alone till Mid August.

11. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Trying to keep my mind busy, but its tough!! All I am thinking about is the opener!! Best of luck to all of bowhunting buddies!!!!!

12. doublehelix8

doublehelix8 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I literally have a dream about season each and every single night. I'm not kidding. I usually see one the bucks on the hit list and somehow he always gets away.... Hope season doesn't go like these nightmares!