Ez fletch??

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by cjantz, Jul 25, 2015.

1. cjantz

cjantz Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys I'm wanting to start some of my on work on my bow -arrows and don't no a lot about it ! What do you guys use to fletch your arrows ? I always depend on a bow shop to do it and really like to do it myself !! Is this this ez fletch any good ??? Arizona Rim Country Arizona Carbon E-Z Fletch Pro Tool https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000KOVCX0/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_gM.Svb4TF6DNW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. mab

mab Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have never used the fletching jig that you listed. I have used the Bitzenburger in the past. A very good fletching jig. For the last few years, I have been using the Quickfletch system by New Archery Products. If you can boil water, you can fletch your own arrows. Hope this helps.

3. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The work well with some qualifications. The link you have is for the full size version, while it works there are better jigs for longer vanes, especially with offsets and helicals .
    However if you going to use Blazers or similar short high profile vanes the the EZ Fletch MINI is the tool to use. You can get a get 3' degree helical on the blazer style vanes using the mini... Better then most jigs.

So in short you need to decide what size style vanes you plan on using before making the purchase.

4. ybohunt

ybohunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have the MINI ,so far have only used it to fletch about 5 arrows but seems to work fairly well.

5. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I had one years ago and I didn't like it that well. All I use now is the heat shrink type fletching, best thing since sliced bread. If want a multi-type fletcher I would go with the JoJan multi fletcher. I also had one of those and really liked it.

Blessings........Pastorjim

6. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have been using the mini for several years and love it. It puts excellent helical on Blazers and Razor feathers also. I also have a Jo-Jan but only use it when I am fetching vanes or feathers that are too long for the AZ Ez fletch mini.

7. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The regular EZ fletch, I tried probably 10 years ago. Did not like it, it was sloppy. Bought a bitzenberger and used it for years then sold it when quickfletch came out.

Now I am back to fletching my own again and now use the EZ fletch mini and like it. It puts a great helical on short vanes.

8. kspseshooter

kspseshooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    EZ Fletch Mini is awesome!

9. pohl-cat

pohl-cat Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I use the mini. It works really well for me. I've used some of the shrink fletch in the past, and they work great but are usually a straight or offset helical. The EZ fletch mini puts a nice helical on and I think it works better for fixed blade heads.
    I also, like to use the G5 blue glue. It's the best fletching glue I've used.

10. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have used the mini version for a few years now and it works really well. I use Loctite Ultra Control Gel and it works really well with bare shafts and arrow wraps.

11. cjantz

cjantz Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok thanks for the advice !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Mini and the Bitz. For short vanes the Mini hands down. The Bitz is great for longer vanes but its slower. If you use an EZ Fletch then have some Acetone to get the glue off the plastic. It keeps it clean and working like a champ.