Outstanding CS report

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by muzzyman88, Jul 22, 2015.

1. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Its been a while since I've posted anything. Been busy working on my man cave in our new home, kids and everything in between, including gearing up for the upcoming season.

Anyway, I thought I'd pass along an experience I just had with the customer service at Leupold. My father and most of my family for that matter, have always used Leupold scopes, binos, etc. I am no different.

Almost 10 years ago, I bought a set of Leupold binoculars. At the time, they were rather pricey and the most expensive set of glass I could afford a the time. They of course came with their lifetime guarantee. Through the years, they served me very well until the last two season, when the twist up eye cups began to fail. They eventually needed to be electrical taped up to hold.

I finally thought about calling them and inquiring about a repair. Their reply was send them in and we'll take care of you. So, I boxed them up in their original box (I'm anal that way and save boxes) and sent them off. Two weeks later, I get an email stating that my warrenty work was being processed and I should expect them back in 7-10 days. About a week later, in the mail was a BRAND NEW set of their updated version of the binos.

I'm absolutely astounded. I was expecting just a repair of my set and would have been very happy with that. Sending a new set to replace them, no questions asked is beyond anything that I expected. The entire experience was smooth and hassle free. All it cost me was postage.

Guys, while it may cost more up front for higher end products that come with warrenties like this, in the long run, its worth every cent. I've been a Leupold customer since day one and do not ever foresee changing. Hats off to this fine company.

2. JiAnthony315y

JiAnthony315y Newb

Dislikes Received:
    My family and I are also leupold fans. My brother had a similar situation with them also. He had a pair of binos that messed up and when he sent them back they sent him the updated version.

And again he had a rangefinder mess up after getting wet they sent him the updated version of the one he had.

Leupold has very good customer service which is why my binos, range finder and rifle scope are all Leupold. I won't ever own another brand.

3. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Love the story, great to hear that in todays nickle and dime times that a company actually held up their end of a warranty with no excuses!! Good for you and to Leupold!

4. Drivingtacks

Drivingtacks Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had the same thing happen with one of my BSA rifle scopes from when I was younger. They sent me an updated scope no questions asked. It's nice when companies stand behind there product like that. Great story.

5. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have had the same results when dealing with them. Great company

6. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had a similar experience with Leupold. They are an excellent company.