Whats a better spot?

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by DeerSlayer16, Jul 21, 2015.

1. DeerSlayer16

DeerSlayer16 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I always debate every season on if i should hunt on top of this ridge or on the bottom. if i need to be more in woods by their trails or close to the tree line where the fields are. The top i have a cornfield next to me but on the bottom is a creek and a soybean field. Honestly i can't pin point where the bedding areas are but my guess would be the bottom in this large open area of grass i found. Any helpful tips would be much appreciative and helpful. thank you.

2. Crossm2000

Crossm2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The deer would rather eat soy beans over corn. In the early season your best bet is to hunt the bottom of the ridge after that you might be able to get good stuff out of the stand through the rest of the year but if they are not traveling there then just move your stand.

3. mikerock85

mikerock85 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Early season I usually hunt food source and afternoons only... but mid to late October ill switch to some ridges that I know the deer use as a travel point from bedding to food usually at that time chestnuts and that... I'd say scout more... maybe do a sit on a fields and take notice where the deer are coming from then midday take a walk around from that point look for food types where they look to be traveling. you never know you may find that sweet spot with tons of sign... I believe the deer right now will be bedding up in cool places with this heat... not sure what your property looks like but I'd guess by a good water source...

4. Drivingtacks

Drivingtacks Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree. I would think they will feed in the bean fields and bed in the cooler air down by the water during the day.

5. PaTreeAssassin

PaTreeAssassin Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Why not both, hang two sets and use two cams to see whats hot and whats cold.

6. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    winds can be tricky down low.

7. quadlee

quadlee Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    very good avice here