Wild Game Innovation camera?

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by TheChurchArchers, Jul 19, 2015.

1. TheChurchArchers

TheChurchArchers Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys just wondering for those who use wild game cameras how long have they lasted for you? I've went through about 7 wild game camera's in roughly 4 years seems like they work great for a solid year then they start failing. I've return 4 out the 7 within the first year. Anyone else have these same issues? Maybe its just my luck when it comes to WGI.

2. airenlow

airenlow Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I only have one and it's on season #2. No issues yet, besides bad pics.

3. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've had one for over 8 years and it still works but I stopped using it because it doesn't take very good pictures. I've got another that I think I've had for about 5 years or so but like the other I stopped using it due to picture quality. They both still work but I've replaced them with a newer model. The one I'm using now is the Blade X6 Lightsout and it's working great. The battery life is good and I'm happy with the picture quality. They aren't the best of cameras in terms of quality but I've never had any of them malfunction or stop working.

4. TheChurchArchers

Dislikes Received:
    The battery live is about the only thing I like about them haha and yes almost all of them turned cloudy on the picture quality before the pooped out. I'm trying out these Huntin Cam's now so far I like them and battery life is fair.

5. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It could just be all the rain and humidity we've had. Check to make sure there aren't any cracks around the seam of the casing or damaged seal on the door. All it takes is one drop of the camera by Mr. Magoo stock boy. Maybe I've just been lucky...

6. boonerville

boonerville Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had similar luck.. although it didn't take 7 of them for me to figure out they are cheap quality cameras. I quit using them after 2. For what it's worth....for what 7 of them cost you could have bought 3 or 4 good cams.....just sayin

7. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have a few of the smaller ones, and theyre great and cheap. The big ones suck.

Like my coverts a lot more.

8. Mwebber1026

Mwebber1026 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've been using a couple different models over the last 5 years. I've never had a problem with any of them.

9. TheChurchArchers

Dislikes Received:
    I bought 4 total and returned 3 for 3 new ones

10. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think they suck

11. TheChurchArchers

Dislikes Received:
    I'll say one thing the custom service was always great and they sent those 3 new cameras to me without a lot of hassle. But I need my camera's for hunting season aint no body got time for that!

12. jeremy421

jeremy421 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've had one for 5 years now and it still works fine. Night pics are lil blurry but not to bad for the age. Its the one i put out in places they might get stolen

13. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    For those who don't like them or had bad luck with them, what exactly didn't you like or what happened? I'm just curious because I run mine for most of the year and they get rained on and go through the elements or they roll around in the back of my truck when not on a tree and I haven't had one stop working. Do you guys update the firmware and format the card before using? Picture quality is one thing but they are cheaper to begin with so I figured that's why people bought them in the first place.

14. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They miss pictures, slow shutter speed, and no option for multiple shots is my biggest complaint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Fair enough. I guess that depends on the application of the camera. Putting it on a mineral site or concentrated food source/pile is best, which is what I do so I don't have those problems. Also, my newer WI model has options for both multiple shots and video so maybe you have an older model?

16. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not really sure why... But I just view them as a less superior brand than the other camera companies.

The one I have doesn't come close to performing as well as my Coverts and Moultrie.

17. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes I have found the usually work fine over mineral and scrapes, in the last card pull my WGIs were the only cameras to get big bucks... Ha so I can't be too mad. I'd only buy them if they were half off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. TheChurchArchers

Dislikes Received:
    yea I'm done with them I just pulled my card and got like 3 pictures and the feeder was completely cleaned out and battery is full. The 3 pictures it took were after the stinking feeder was empty lol

19. Diesel77

Diesel77 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I usually consider buying those cameras as "dispoable" because they never last more than 1 or 2 years before they just stop taking pictures, wont turn on, etc. I only buy them in a desperation moment, you know, you drive an hour or more to a spot, then find one of your cameras not working, run to anything close like Walmart and buy whats on the shelf. I usually run 12 to 16 cameras and usually look for Tasco or Bushnells for reliabilty, and cost, although I have to say the Browning Strike Force takes some rediculously good pics and is priced great, however if you bought an early version you have to install a new update and install it on the camera to make it take better night pics, but so far its performing fantastic. .

20. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had 2, they both sucked bad. I'll not own another one.