Hunting Advice

Discussion in 'West' started by rguzman115, Jul 19, 2015.

1. rguzman115

rguzman115 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm new to the forums in general and I am seeking advice in hunting. I have always been a huge fan of the outdoors but living in southern California it is tough to head up north for a weekend. I really want to get into hunting and I already have my Bowhunter set up and I have been shooting for about a year now. Besides shooting a BEAR Attitude for a year at 50lbs I have also competed in the 2015 USA Archery National Indoor Championships for my school. If any other users have any recommendations on what I should do to get learn the ropes of hunting in the so cal area it would be greatly appreciated. If it helps I'm trying to Hunt small game like squirrels and rabbits and eventually move onto Hogs and Deers.

2. bowhunter448

bowhunter448 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My advice is to find someone local who hunts in your area and hook up with them. I went solo my first year hunting (I've only been hunting a couple of years and been strictly bow) and seeing two deer, to this year with 3 or 4 other bowhunters and we have an area that is full of deer.

3. Crossm2000

Crossm2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Watching YouTube videos and looking stuff up on the Internet is basically how I have currently learned every thing other wise it's just about the bow being in sight and shooting it accurately good luck