Great App....On X Maps

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by stillmanchad, Jul 14, 2015.

1. stillmanchad

stillmanchad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was recently turned on to an app called On X Maps by a friend. This is the best map app I've looked at. They offer a 6 day trial then there is a fee to sign up following the trial. At this time I'm still on my free trial but if it's under $40 I'll be purchasing this app.
    This app has allowed me to find local public land that I didn't even no exsisted. There are a ton of overlay functions as well. Go check it out! Beware it'll only feed the scouting addiction!
    I have some local private farms but I'm looking to explore some public land as well.

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Can you tell me if you purchase it for an Mobil device can you install in on more than one device your own via the subscription?

3. stillmanchad

Dislikes Received:
    That's a good question....dunno

4. trial153

Dislikes Received:
  5. stillmanchad

Dislikes Received:
  6. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    I have used it on GPS however I would like to get it on my phone and be able to sync to my iPad at a later time.

7. steadyeddy

steadyeddy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It's a great app. Super powerful when researching places to hunt. I love pulling in the different layers to see GMUs, landowners and public land areas. Great for the public land warrior.

Another app I'd recommend is the Quiver Hunting App. It gives you current weather, sunrise & sunset, wind speed and direction along with barometric pressure. Awesome for when you're in the hunt. You can track individual hunts and log deer activity. Pretty slick! https://itunes.apple.com/app/id982722720

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  8. boonerville

boonerville Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yep...I bought it this spring and love it for the most part. My only complaint is not every county in the state has landowner info...including the one I live in. Hopefully it will be updated soon

9. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have tried OnX but I was too cheap to pay for the full app so when the trial expired I uninstalled it LOL.

Anybody living in PA there is an app called "GO Hunt PA Toolkit" that is pretty good. Gamdelands finder, calendar, maps, laws and regs, sunrise/sunset, weather, SOS, tracker and even an Instagram link :).

10. Drivingtacks

Drivingtacks Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    NOTE: My buddy has it. Most of Minnesota is unavailable at this time. If it wasn't for that I would buy it in a heartbeat.

11. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    I have it now on my iPhone and iPad as as well as my original version on my GPS . So far the functionality is pretty good on the mobile versions.

12. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The places I need On X Maps I don't get cell service and I don't have near enough room on my phone to download everything before hand. That said, I love their preloaded SD chips for GPS units... I have two of the regional chips covering 8 western states as well as a few state overlays for Google earth. Great software for a DIY hunter