Still running

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by LittleChief, Jul 13, 2015.

1. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    My running has been progressing. I did the M-Town Series which included a 4 miler and three 5Ks. I didn't do too bad, but I did set a new personal record on the last 5K, where I did it in 26:33.

I've been training in the heat on weekdays. The average heat index is 100 - 105 with a dew point of around 72 to 75 degrees. Pretty tough, but it's paying off. My usual runs on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday are anywhere from 4 to 6 miles and my long runs on Saturday are 8 to 11 miles. Those numbers are increasing, though.

I'm running these runs and doing a few back to back days with no injuries and no real pain other than muscular soreness, which is to be expected.

I've come a long way since last year. At this point last year I was excited about having managed to run 7 miles on a treadmill in an air conditioned room with fans blowing. :)

I just started the Memphis Road Race Series. It consists of two 5Ks this month, two 5 milers in August, two 10Ks in September, two 10 milers in October and two half marathons in November. Yesterday was the first 5K. I bested my PR from the previous 5K despite the fact that it was sunny, humid, and over 80 degrees at the 7:00 am start time.

It's getting better.

Road Race Series #1.jpg