Need some help making a decision..

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by TN_Guy, Jul 12, 2015.

1. TN_Guy

TN_Guy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys,
    I have been looking at replacing my multi pin sight with a single pin. I have been reading and reading all different opinions about the ones I have been looking at. I was torn between the HHA King Pin and a Spot Hogg (Hogg Father). After reading about these sights, I have been going off course with other sights such as (Fast Eddie, Tommy Hogg, Accutouch, HHA Optimizer Ultra Lite with the 2nd/3rd add-on). I just want to be happy with what I am buying. So that being said, here is what I am looking for. I am looking for a sight that is quality and tight when adjusting the yardage. I want 2nd and 3rd axis adjustments and to be able to shoot out to 100 yards. (Not that I will shoot at an animal that far, I just want the capability to do it). I would like to keep it fairly light in weight because my bow is heavy as it is. I have a 7 pin IQ sight on my bow now. For anyone that can share some pros and cons on this matter please help me out. I have been looking for 2 weeks now and still have not made the purchase.

2. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Spot Hogg Tommy Hogg single pin .010 if you are looking for a used one that's practically new. I really like the sight but went back to a 5 pin, Spot Hogg makes a great and durable product!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Marcus LaVallee_007

Marcus LaVallee_007 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Go with HHA, thats all I have to say

4. TN_Guy

TN_Guy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys for the replies.. Schuls, I keep that in mind and may give you a shout.

5. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No problem, still haven't decided if I'm going to sell the Tommy Hogg but may consider it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The king pin is probably my favorite hha sight

7. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Speaking from experience, I think it would be hard to beat HHA's quality and their customer service is second to none. To make a long story short, in the beginning I had a problem with my HHA, not the sight, it was a dealer issue. I called Chris at HHA and he made the problem right at his expense, even though it was not his issue. I don't have enough good I can say about the way they do business.

Blessings. ..........Pastorjim

8. frantzracing0

frantzracing0 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    HHA all the way. The king pin is an awesome sight but I dont own one. Only tested a few times. I shoot the ol-5019 at the moment but considering going to the ol-5010

9. smitty88

smitty88 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'd be interested in purchasing that IQ from you if it's for sale.

10. jewalker7842

jewalker7842 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have Trophy Ridge React One single pin and I love it. Zero in at 20 then 30 and check your pins at 50 and you are zeroed all the way out to 100. Best of all no tapes to mess with.

11. TN_Guy

TN_Guy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I decided to go with the HHA Kingpin. Have not set it up yet but I will say so far I love the looks of this sight. It seems to be solid and I can't wait to get it mounted to my bow.

12. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have the trophy ridge react 5 pin and love it! best sight I've owned to date.

13. Joe p

Joe p Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There all good there's no bad sight it's personal preference look them over carefully

14. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    MGB Ascent Ambush,
    Spot Hogg Fast Eddie
    CBE Tek Hybred

15. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Recently (within the last year) I've had two single pin sights. A MBG Ascent 3 pin I put a single pin head on, and an HHA XL-5519 that is currently on my bow. Both have pluses to me. I liked that I could use my Tightspot quiver without an adapter on the MBG and the auto dark fiber cover really helped keep starburst down. I really like the micro adjust windage and mechanical rheostat on the HHA, but I had to buy an adapter for my Tightspot so it still sits tight to the bow which was a bummer. The MBG was a little lighter and less "clunky" looking to my eye. The HHA is definitely brighter, I had to keep the rheostat almost closed in the open sun light, but in the woods it was awesome.