What does pro staff mean by 60X Custom Strings

Discussion in 'Manufacturers, Press, and Pro-Staff' started by 60X Custom Strings, Jul 7, 2015.

1. 60X Custom Strings

60X Custom Strings Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It seems in recent years that the term professional staff (pro staff) has lost some significance. You can browse any internet forum and see almost every signature is full with pro staff sponsorships. It’s easy to attend an archery tournament and get intimidated when everyone is wearing a pro staff shirt from one company or another. Most of this can be linked to large egos, and it seems that everyone just wants to be on more pro staffs then the next guy. General conception is the more pro staffs attained the better the archer, but is this really the case?

As a former national archery competitor and now as an archery manufacturer it’s easy for me to understand what pro staff means. Having the unique experience of being on both sides of this game has given me a much better understanding of what both sides of the archery pro staff are looking for and it really means to each party. Too many times I hear shooters saying things like I shoot so much better than him so why is he on a pro staff but I am not. At the end of the day it’s all about promoting the product and company.

To read the rest of the article visit our site at www.60xcustomstrings.com and click on the blog tab

2. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That is a good blog entry. Would serve a lot of newer (and some who have been around a while) archers to read it. You often see posts on here asking how they could get on a pro staff. Seems it doesn't matter to them what pro staff it is as long as they could get on one.

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    All part of the hunting "industry"

4. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think part of the problem is the pro is for promotional, not professional. Many believe if they are on a pro staff that they are like a professional hunter. I am sure you get requests all of the time from people that want to be on your pro staff and they don't even care if they have used your product before or not. They just want to have the bragging rights to be able to say pro staff. Then there are a crap load that have started their own facebook pages and made themselves pro staff for their own group. There is a need to have pro staff to help get the word out about your company but you have to be careful that you choose the right people. For a string manufacturer like yourself I would think being a great competitive archer is the most important. For me that doesn't mean much, I need staff that can kill nice deer or get great trail camera pictures of nice bucks, preferably they can do both. Each company has different needs but one thing too me is clear, if you are going to be on a staff you should be very good at what you do whether that is competitive archery, shooting big deer, getting great trail camera pictures or the ability to talk to people and inform them of the product. It shouldn't be just because you love to hunt, can post a s**t load of hashtags, can show cleavage when you bend over or have a pretty face. Lastly for those that are on staff's or looking to get on a staff, jumping from company to company depending on someone giving you a little more shows that you don't really believe in the product, just that you are willing to sell yourself to the highest bidder.

5. bowhuntingbebout

bowhuntingbebout Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well said.

6. Marcus LaVallee_007

Marcus LaVallee_007 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This was very good for me to read being a younger hunter/archer who has big dreams, thank you for putting this out there! VERY VERY TRUE, never thought about it like this.

7. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Marcus make sure you do not give up on your dreams, just make sure you realize there is a lot to it. Companies look for hero shots, trail camera pictures, how you communicate with others and sometimes what kind of video footage you get. If you start working on those items it can only help when chasing your dreams.

8. HuntMaine

HuntMaine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Excellent blog, and Tom what you said just adds to it! It is crazy seeing people all over instagram and facebook #trying and #trying to become #prostaff for any company they can, and not realizing a huge part of #pro means promotional!

9. 60X Custom Strings

60X Custom Strings Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    thanks for the positive reviews

10. Wingtipsdown

Wingtipsdown Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Most people are looking for a hand out and bragging rights. I have met staffers that had their own (hot spots) and pimped the heck out of the mfgr's product. Met others that could explain what to do and how to use it, but really didn't know how to get it done themselves. Then, there are the ones that are cocky has heck and have theirself up on the highest pedestal. When it is all said and done it is the company, not the staffer. As a company, the company has to always look and represent the absolute best way possible. They find, keep or cut staffers per needs. People that purchase hunting products have to like and want to do business with a certain company (especially a smaller company). Large companies market to bring in their followers. I always refer to people like nascar fans - people will follow for 3 reasons, 1) the product is really good 2) they like you and give you a try 3) to be a part of something hip and cool. Big companies make their money off of " hey this is hip and the coolest thing on the market". number 3 brings the highest amout a money.

At the end of each day, it's all about sales.

Good luck.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015