went fishing!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by grommel, Jul 7, 2015.

1. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Guys and gals, this isnt the place for this , but I went fishing today to the fresh water ponds and lakes that I used to fish when I was a kid. OMG!!!!! They are so over grown, garbage everywhere, cant even cast a line out to the water!! Very depressing, this just makes the opener on October 1st that much more exciting! Sad really what is going on today, nobody cares about nature or cleanliness anymore around my parts! ( Nassau County Long Island) what a dump

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was in northern Wisconsin over the weekend and the fireworks shot over the lake was nuts, I didn't see boats out in the morning recovering the debris.

3. grommel

Dislikes Received:
    Nobody cares anymore, thats the problem!! They all wait for the next guy to pick it up or clean it. Just makes me angry thats all!!

4. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sad.... luckily it isn't like that everywhere..... YET

5. grommel

Dislikes Received:
    Its sad brother. I probably have more people on my block than you have in your town!! NY sucks!! Too many people who just dont give a crap!

6. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Probably correct, I just couldn't handle that type of living. Even here I get aggravated by slobs often. Beer cans in the ditch at my property and things like that........

I spent the last week in the mountains of NM fishing and just hanging out. There was quite a few folks around with the holiday and all, yet I didn't see any trash being left about. In fact with the exception of one bit of fishing line I picked up I can't recall seeing ANY trash on the ground even in town. The difference IMO is those folks appreciate where they live. (as do I) They love their surroundings, therefore they take care of it.

7. grommel

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed!! I have 13 years left til I retire, than I will be moving to Gods Country!! People here suck! Dont want to wish my life away but I really cant wait!!

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Headed to my favorite place on the Mississippi this evening, no doubt I will find empties and bait containers. People are lazy pigs at times. How can you sit down and fish and appreciate it and just walk away and leave litter laying on the ground. Another time when I want to ask a person are you rude or stupid, it is one or the other.

9. BigPhil_H

BigPhil_H Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Growing up as fortunate as I have but even seeing the changes from 10 years ago.. I hate to imaging how different it's going to be when I have kids and they can't enjoy what I did.

10. grommel

Dislikes Received:
    Living on Long Island is getting harder and harder every year. Deer are only 30 miles to my east, but the way things are going, this island is gonna be a garbage dump in 10 years! Too many people, land is running out, I gotta get outta here soon!!

11. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That blows.