Thoughts on the Elite Synergy?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by smitty88, Jul 6, 2015.

1. smitty88

smitty88 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Recently my bow's cam broke (I've shot an entry level Bear for years) and now I'm looking to upgrade. I shot the Elite Synergy 32 today and was really impressed. I was initially attracted to them because of good reviews and they look pretty sweet. I never really hear Elite brought up on this site so I was wondering anybody on here owns one or has any experience with them.

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have tuned a couple. They are typical of the current E series. Stable, quite and accurate.
    The geometry on them is excellent as they hold easy and forgiving. I found them to tune easy and they respond typical of most other binary cams. They have been easy to obtain their IBO rating and are efficient with hunting weight arrows.
    The fit and finish has been excellent.
    I think the synergy is excellent choice for a hunting bow.

3. smitty88

smitty88 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks! I don't mean to pry, but you said that you "tuned" them, but didn't say you own one. If you don't mind me asking, but what do you shoot and why do you prefer it over Elite. I'm no bow expert, so I'm just trying to collect as much information as I can.

4. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have owned a bunch of elites over the last 6 years and right now I have a pair of E32's .....there isn't a whole lot difference between them and the synergy.

5. BukFvr21

BukFvr21 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just bought a 2015 E35 this year and it is hands down the best and most accurate bow I've ever shot. There is no smoother draw cycle or more solid back wall period than what Elite has going. I was between the 35 and and Synergy shot them side by side and felt the 35 was a little smoother and a little easier to draw. Not that the Synergy wasn't it there was just enough of a difference for me to like 35. You will not make a decision with an Elite I promise you. Good luck!

6. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great Post! With this site being sponsored by Mathews that may possibly be why you don't hear much about Elites. I'm waiting on my HTR in the mail (and it's killing me), so I'm just wasting time watching reviews online of other bows. The Elites are brought up often and of all the different reviewers say they all are very impressed with them. They say similar things that trial153 has brought up. Solid back wall, very smooth, quiet, great finish. Different guys reviewing multiple bows by several companies. I have not personally shot an Elite however if that is what you like I am sure you won't be disappointed. If you do decide to go with it, do a short review on it telling us what you think after having owned it and don't forget the pics! :tu:

7. smitty88

smitty88 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Will do. I'm still waiting to here back from the shop about my old bow. I'm having it repaired at a Mathews dealer, and they have always been really good to me in terms of advice and repairs. When I go back to pick up my old bow, I'm going to test shoot the HTR and see how I like it.

8. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have shot both Elite 32 and Synergy...I preferred the E32 just felt better to me, but they are so similar...I think you might as well take the speed that the E32 puts out. Now as for why I didn't buy one...I shot an Xpedition Xcentric and preferred the grip on that to the Elites...plus they are significantly faster but they have that elite like valley and let-off. So I now own an Xpedition Xcentric 7 instead.

9. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have shot archery for more than 30yrs and IMHO there is no smoother shooting bow than Elite. I have not shot the Synergy but I do own an E35 and It is the most comfortable bow I have ever released an arrow from. If you're looking for a great shooting experience you won't go wrong with Elite.

Blessings........Pastorjim

10. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Left shooting several different Mathews over the course of 10 years and went to an Elite Synergy this year. Never been so happy! Absolutely LOVE this bow!!!!

[​IMG]

11. smitty88

smitty88 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I ended up going with a Mathews. What it came down to eas that I wanted to give my business to the shop that has been really good to me over the years. I ended up paying the same as I would for the Elite and the Chill felt just as smooth and quiet to me. Plus im getting a lot more speed out of the chill.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

12. Hammer1171

Hammer1171 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just picked up my new Elite Synergy last week. This bow is smooth drawing, accurate, easy to hold the 70 lbs (85% let off), fast, and just nasty. I can't wait to kill something with it. My confidence shooting this bow is so high right now. Absolutely awesome bow!!!

13. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I used to shoot Mathews too until I bought an Elite E35 last year. Picked it up and a few weeks later they came out with the Synergy. Absolutely love the smoothness of the E35 and even the E32's I shot before picking it up.