Canon guys.....batteries?

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by Matt/TN, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Matt/TN

Matt/TN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well my G20 arrived today and I had already planned on getting extra batteries. Especially after seeing how small and how little juice the factory one has.

I think the extended battery for my camera is an 828. My question is, have you guys ever run any off brand batteries in your cameras? The Canon prices are just absurd for a battery.

I see another one on Campbell's but more importantly, I see some on Amazon (Wasabi maybe?) that are priced really well and have a charger.

Thanks in advance guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can't speak for Canon, but I run Wasabi brand in my Sony PXW-X70 and they work fine. I would say they don't last as long as the OEM battery, but for the price, they are well worth it.

3. Drivingtacks

Drivingtacks Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have Vivitar's and haven't had any issues. I can't remember the price though.

4. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty much this, except I have a Canon

5. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I will check tonight but I bought a few off brand batteries for my XA10 and they work great. I will try to find th brand tonight for you

6. Matt/TN

Matt/TN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys. Even if the Wasabi doesn't last as long it's worth it if you can get like 4 of them and a couple chargers for the price of one canon battery.

7. DD/MO

DD/MO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    From my experience, the Wasabi batteries suck. I bought two of them and their charger as a combo package. One of the battery's shell came off...I had to glue it back on. They don't hold a charge at all. As soon as you pull them off the charger they work OK, but don't last as long they charge says. On my camera, it would say 280 minutes. After 30 minutes of running the camera, I would be down to 20 minutes of charge left. But, if you don't use them right off the charger and you carry them in your pack as a spare battery, good luck on them actually having any charge left when you need them. I will never buy another Wasabi or any battery made in China. If you can find an after market made in Japan, you'll probably have better luck. As for me, I'm only buying Canon batteries. They hold their charge and last as you'd expect.