Should Sanctuary Cities Be Allowed

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by kb1785, Jul 6, 2015.

1. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    With the death of the young woman in San Francisco recently at the hands of an illegal immigrant (undocumented alien) and with the knowledge that the illegal immigrant was a 7 time felon and 5 previous time deportee but yet continued to come back into the country and seek out sanctuary areas so that he couldn't be deported. Has the time come to force these municipalities/areas to comply with federal law and work with ICE? Something is screwed up about this system and needs to get fixed.

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    There does need to be something done but nobody has the seeds to step up and say it.

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sure they are, they want to give them citizenship, no questions asked. Lots of Democrat votes siting out ther.

4. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    California Gov granted special permissions to cities to disregard ICE.

Thought 1-since SF didn't turn the dude over to the feds when he was up for his drug charge, they should bear some responsibility/liability for her death.

Thought 2-with the supreme court recent ruling on 'equality' why should attained felons in California 'sanctuary cities' be given different treatment?

5. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sanctuary cities??? Never heard of such a thing until recently... I can't believe any politician would have the balls to go on national television after this type of a tragedy and say something so boneheaded regardless if it is their policy or not....

Big lawsuit to come over this deal and I know who is going to win.... Maybe this will also spark some much needed changes.

Although I think Trump is a dork, I'd vote for him over any other politician cause I know there would be some big changes! Changes that very other politician is scared to support.

6. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Him and any Governor get my vote/attention. A governor has term limits and ACTUALLY ready for this: ran something (a state)....senators ain't truly done jack. Don't get me wrong there are some senators I kinda like, but give me Trump or a governor over any of them for the simple fact they ain't life time politicians.

7. Bowhunter0132

Bowhunter0132 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sanctuary cities is absolute, pure BS. I am proud to be American, I have served in the US Army, but we are the only country stupid enough to give things and rights to illegal immigrants. I don't care if the border jumper is the nicest, kindest person ever.. they are here illegally and as such, should be arrested and deported immediatly. No special rights, no sanctuary, no nothing. I don't get what so many do not get about ILLEGAL immigrants. Illegal as you, they broke the law! If I do something illegal and get caught I pay for it in 1 way or another. These people are almost rewarded for it!

Personally, if I had it my way, if an illegal immigrant is caught, they should be put into a labor camp or prison, where they will work off their debt to the US government and people for the cost of shipping their arse back to their home country. Now, I don't mean work them like a government mule and I certainly don't mean working them abusively, but rather a standard 8 hour day, doing labor intensive work which is what most of they sneak over here to do anyway. This time, it is w/o pay! It won't be a cake walk and it certainly won't be sitting in some cushy cell with 100 other illegals, while getting 3 squares a day and medical care that comes out of mine and other tax payers pockets. They will work off your debt of XX amount of money at a reasonable rate per hour. Once the debt is paid, they go straight back to where they came from with only what they snuck over the border with. See how many sneak into this country then!

8. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The more information that I get the worse I feel about this. Many horrible crimes committed by illegal immigrants but the large majority are never prosecuted. Murder, rape, burglary. Things you and I would go to prison for a very long time for they just get turned loose and sanctuaries give them safe harbor and they know it and continue their criminal ways. Absolutely mind blowing. This whole country is talking about a stupid confederate flag and we are allowing this to occur. We are upside down here.

9. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Heck No!