Noisy hoyt

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Standingbear, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Standingbear

Standingbear Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I just bought a hoyt ignight that I absolutely love but I increased the draw weight now it's alittle noisy...any tips or suggestions for witch split limb dampners are best

Thanx

2. Aaron Jones

Aaron Jones Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Try to isolate the noise. My bowtech did the same thing, but it wasn't the actual bow. It was the stabilizer that was making the awful racket because of the increased vibration from the added draw weight. I switched up the stabilizers and it was dead quiet.
    Before you buy anything, I would isolate what exactly is making the noise and make a decision from there.

3. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Also check the cams and modules. Sometimes a little loose screw can make a big noise.

4. mikerock85

mikerock85 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I wanna say ur getting more vibration and prolly the site or stabilizer but check your cams

5. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Like others said isolate vibration then attack it is dampening accessories if need be

6. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Check all of your accessories in addition to the suggestions above. My favorite sight (Black Gold) seems to rattle so It took my some time to use some moleskin/padded tape to eliminate the rattle with the shot. Also, I had a rest (Whisker Biscuit) that had a rattle when I would tap the bow. I could never quiet that sight so I upgraded to a drop-away and have not heard any noise from. My neighbor has a red drop away (don't know the brand) that he had to pad the bow arrow shelf or it would "thump" with every shot.

Believe it or not, I really enjoy making my bow as quiet as possible. I am blown away by the noise I hear from other's bows when I shoot 3D ranges or even the GTG!! It's like a "twang-fest"!