So Iv been trying to find black bear

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bryan Jeffrey, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Bryan Jeffrey

Bryan Jeffrey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I posted a thread a few days ago asking for any tips on trying to find these bear. Iv been looking sense febuary when i came across some scat. I started getting frustrated when all i could find was bear tracks, but the cameras would always come up empty. I had just about given up on finding any local black bear. when this morning as i was leaving my house for work. Here he came. Walking right down my street. I couldnt believe it! Excited and wanting to get a picture I drove up to him to try to get a picture. But as i pulled up and as i was getting ready to take a picture he jumped into some brush and took off. I have never seen a black bear in person. and i have to say. Much bigger than i thought they would be. What a rush. I cant wait tell August 17 Start of Archery Bear season.
    He was very close to my house. maybe i should just put a blind in my driveway. its funny because i just took my front yard trail cam down last weekend.

2. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    found one!

[​IMG]

and another

[​IMG]

and 3 more!

[​IMG]

Good luck getting at em this fall! :tu:

3. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I may have some pictures of some. There's a few in the area. I put my camera out for an hour and a half and went to put some corn out and there's 25 pictures.

4. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Did you really expect a bear to let you drive right up to it to take a picture? :)

Good luck man! Everybody says the bear population in PA is high, but I only see one every 10 years or so.

5. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I've heard PA has a good population. NJ doesn't really but I still manage to see a few every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  6. WiscoBowHunter

WiscoBowHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ive seen a hand full while hunting in my area have had a few on trail cam.

7. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck, they are a real rush to hunt. We have an abundance of them were I hunt, sometimes they can mess the deer hunting up. They love to tear up ground blinds. If you use one don't take any food with you if you are in bear country. Don't ask me how I know this.