New arrows and just set 60 yard pin

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Marcus LaVallee_007, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Marcus LaVallee_007

Marcus LaVallee_007 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just hit up archery country, picked up some new arrows and set 60 pin, planning on getting 80-90 by end of summer. I wont shoot deer at anything past 40 but man those long distances make 40 - 50 yards feel like childs play. Anyway I just realized that the season here in Minnesota really isnt too far away, getting seriously jacked up, just got cameras out, ready to see some deer grow!!!!

2. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've been practicing at 40 since I only have three pins. It sure makes 20 no problem though and I'm pretty confident at 30 and 40. This year I feel more confident then ever for getting a deer. I've been hunting with a bow since I was 13 and I got a doe when I was 16 but the coyotes got to it before me. I also shot a buck last year but there wasn't any blood to be seen in the snow even and I searched 70 acres for him. But good luck to you this season.

3. jemcmichael

jemcmichael Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Move your forty pin to 60 for the summer and then move it back to 40 a week before the season. I shot out to 75 last summer and it was the best decision I ever made. Connected with a doe at 35 and a buck at 43. Both the longest shots I'd made. I attribute it all to shooting those longer distances for practice.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

4. Marcus LaVallee_007

Dislikes Received:
    good luck to you also, ya those longer distances make the target seem so much bigger.

5. rick-florida

rick-florida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    another option is to pick up an extra sight pin to set for that long target shooting and keep you hunting pins set for their distance. I have a 3 pin Axiom and was able to fit a fourth pin in there for 50-60 yard shooting.

6. Marcus LaVallee_007

Dislikes Received:
    ya thats not a bad way to go