Ballistic review after a full year

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by frantzracing0, Jun 30, 2015.

1. frantzracing0

frantzracing0 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Last year I had posted my initial review on the Mission Ballistic. Its now been a full year since the bow was setup and tuned. I have put well over 3000 arrows down range, maybe even more, in that time frame. Here are my thoughts after a full year of use. Still love it. The bow was tuned by Donny Barrett at Barretts Bowhunting in Elmira,Ny. (excellent shop by the way) Setup at 29" dl and 70 lbs. Shooting Beemans right at 420 grains. With a peep, kisser button and 2 monkey tails on the string im getting 296 fps. I truly believe Mission was conservative with it IBO rating with this one. The bow is very smooth on the draw which was a big surprise to me when I first looked at the cams. I have owned quite a few bows from older bears, blowtechs, Mathews switchback xt, etc. This is my favorite of the bunch.

I have had NO issues with the stock zebra hybrid bowstrings. No peep twist, no freying, nothing. Even after 3000 shots, they still look brand new. Very well made strings in my opinion and after this season when I replace them, they will be the strings I use again.

Initially the bow was setup with a QAD HDX rest and while I had no issues whats so ever, I actually went back to a WB rest. Iv never had an issue with the WB and I guess its jsut a peace of mind kind of thing. Im using a HHA OL5019 and couldnt be happier with it.

All in all im just as thrilled with this bow now as I was the day I took her home. This really is a top quality bow at a mid level price point.

2. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I like mine as well. Great bow for a great price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yup. GREAT bow, esp for the $

4. 60X Custom Strings

60X Custom Strings Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty good bang for the buck bow

5. hcarturo

hcarturo Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Good to hear! I'm going on 4 months shooting the Ballistic. I'm taking up bow hunting for the 1st time this yr and have a lot of learning to do, but I chose the bow based on feel compared to about 6 other bows and price point. No regrets...although it is currently in the shop due to a loose arrow rest and some 'cam lean' which is now being blamed on the people who originally set me up. Not sure if I'm getting played for a fool or not, but like I said, I'm a first timer so for now I believed the guy at the shop

6. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's awesome! I am still looking at the bow a lot. I want one, and if money opens up I probably will buy one. Thanks for the review and congratulations on your bow love!!

7. frantzracing0

Dislikes Received:
    The funny thing is, price was not a deciding factor in buying the bow. I intially fell in love with the chill and was dead set on it. Then the shop owner put the ballistic in my hands. It felt dang near identical to me. A tiny bit heavier feeling and I didnt care for the grip as much as I like the focus grip but dang I just shot it so well. I kept setting it down and shooting another bow. I shot a TON of bows but just kept coming back to the ballistic. I remember saying years ago I wish mathews would make a shorter axel to axel monster......mission made my dream come true.

8. Jeffrey Jones

Jeffrey Jones Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shot the ballistic an it is definitely a great shooter I'd buy one for the right price tag cant go wrong with it imo

9. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly what happened to me. I loved the chill and was going to buy it but the shop insisted I shoot the ballistic before I decided. Saved me a lot of money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. frantzracing0

Dislikes Received:
    I told the shop owner that he was a damn fool for showing it to me. I was set and ready to spend the money on the chill. The ballistic honestly felt just as great to me. Thats what makes this shop so great, they are honestly there to help the customer make the best decision for them. He could have gotten twice the money from me but didnt.