Volunteer Soybeans

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by Skywalker, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It has been crazy wet hear in NW Missouri this spring. The rains started in April and haven't really quite since, so I've not had any chance to get this plot tilled up and planted. In late April, I came in and brush hogged down last years soybean stalks. This year, I noticed that there were still a lot of pods holding onto the stocks. In the past, all my beans had been shattered and dropped all over the ground some time during the winter. When I brush hogged, I could hear and see the seeds being scattered everywhere. I didn't think much about it at the time because I was going to come in and till it up and replant like I do every year. I got in and sprayed with roundup at one point since I had some weeds growing and I thought I would be able to get in at get the new beans planted, but again the rains came and just kept me out of the field. So, here's the results of last years volunteer soybeans. I feel pretty fortunate because the farmers are just now getting their beans in the fields around here. Looks pretty good for a volunteer stand.

[​IMG]

2. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lol!!! You lucky so and so!!!
    I'm glad it looks that good for ya!

3. Dunn County

Dunn County Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice Stephen!

4. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    That's a great stand. Glad there is a silver lining for you.