Whitetail Institute Bow Stand

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by Daryl Bell, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Daryl Bell

Daryl Bell Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am thinking of planting this for a bow plot in the fall. I was wondering if anyone has had any success or comments on the seed! thanks in advance

2. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What is in the mix itself? That is the most important question when analyzing a mix...

Even their website just hints at some of the seed types but doesn't give the real breakdown....

3. Daryl Bell

Daryl Bell Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Im like you, I'm not sure what's in the mix. I was really wondering personal experience with the product.

4. jdhaines32

jdhaines32 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I used it last year and mixed in a little Secrete Spot. I dot remember the percentages of the mix. I planted it in the woods for a small hunting plot. It grew great and was nice and green but the deer didn't seem interested in it too much. They mostly just passed through and if they did stop to eat a thing it was the bigger leafy brassica type stuff. Most of what grew was grasses. It seemed like there was a higher content of Rye grass because of it being more of a no till type plot. This was also my first time doing a plot so I may have doe something wrong also.