HSS Life Lines

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by doublehelix8, Jun 29, 2015.

1. doublehelix8

doublehelix8 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just wondering when you guys put your lifelines out? The packaging says not to leave out in the elements for longer than 2 months. I am conflicted because I want to get them out so they loose the "new" smell to them. If I put them out now that leaves them out way longer than the 2 months that is recommended on the packaging.

2. uncljohn

uncljohn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I make home made lifelines and leave them out yearround, and religiously change them every other year. First day in the stand for the year you bring a new line and install when you get up.

If you're worried about smell, put them in a tote with leaves/pine needles for a few months.

3. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    When I buy mine, I let it soak in the sink with scent free detergent and water for about 30 mins. I rinse it good and I lay it outside to air dry. Once dry, I put it in a bag with a bunch of leaves and dirt from the area I hunt. It takes about a month and it loses its smell. I have been doing this for over 5 years with my Lifelines and it works good for me.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  4. doublehelix8

doublehelix8 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys. I will be washing and putting in a bag with some leaves and dirt this weekend.