Scouting and tracking help?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bryan Jeffrey, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Bryan Jeffrey

Bryan Jeffrey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So I have seen lots and lots of black bear and deer tracks. but as far as bear. thats all iv seen is tracks. I cant seem to find any other type of sign. so i dont really know where to keep my focus on.
    and as far as mule deer. iv seen plenty of mule deer, and i had there habits down. but then the forestry service came and cut down a bunch of trees because of bark beetle in that area. so now the deer have moved. and i have seen deer about a mile away down the road, and a area where they have been feeding. but i cant find fresh scat so i dont know what trails they are using.
    being new to big game hunting. im at a bit of a lose now. havent been able to pinpoint the bear, and now that the deer have moved. i cant seem to find the way they travel. and the trail cams keep coming up empty. anybody have any tips on locating bear, and mule deer in the mountains.

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I believe time of year will change things so what is going on now won't matter much in 2 months. As with any animal find what they are eating, also check what food in the future, acorns and nuts etc. Find water and bedding areas use vantage points to long range scout.