I had an NAP Apache rest installed and...

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by jkadkins, Jun 27, 2015.

1. jkadkins

jkadkins Newb

Dislikes Received:
    1.) I love it! I got a Bear Archery Encounter as my first bow a year and a half ago. It was the ready to hunt model that comes with the Trophy Ridge quiver, 3-pin sight, and whisker biscuit. The biscuit was becoming ruined by my fletchings, and the fletchings were being ruined by the biscuit. So I decided to switch to a drop away rest.

2.) Now I'm my arrows are shooting high and to the right. So I'm curious if anyone else had this issue when they switched to another rest. The guy at the pro-shop also tied a new D-loop and reset my nocking point as well as lined up the rest. I'm not sure if I had it set up different with the previous rest, I had paper tuned it and got it shooting straight. I will do the same with this, but maybe just the sights need adjusted.

3.) The quiver contacts the side adjustment knob on the Apache, but it still does go back into the quiver slide. It's just a bit frustrating to get the quiver off my bow, it catches a little. Do they make a spacer for these particular quivers so I can get it a little further away from the rest? I didn't notice it while I was still at the shop or I would have asked about it there.

Thanks for any knowledge!

2. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've had an apache for 4 years and I gave my riot and the apache rest on it to my sister and it still works flawlessly. As for the point of impact change, if you paper tuned it you probably just need to move your sight and broadhead tune.

3. WV Jess

WV Jess Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You can get a spacer from Kwikee Kwiver. I had to get one for my quiver to clear my rest.

4. jkadkins

jkadkins Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the tip about the quiver. I'll take a look at that.

As far as tuning, the paper was tearing high, so I adjusted the rest till it was right and now the arrow flies great. I really like this rest a lot.

5. headstrong

headstrong Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    for the quiver I have used arrow cut offs (if you have any laying around) for the spacer and a little logger screws

6. jkadkins

jkadkins Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Something similar to this crossed my mind too. I was thinking about some thick plastic washers maybe. They're light and I don't need much clearance.

I wish I had some arrow pieces, that's something I hadn't thought of.